FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Dick Moano´s "Introducing original Polynesian tropical bar recipes ... mai tai, navy grog 1963
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Dick Moano´s "Introducing original Polynesian tropical bar recipes ... mai tai, navy grog 1963
mikehooker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-07-25 9:49 pm   Permalink

NO!!!!! I've had this page up for the past few days meaning to order. Just finally got around to it and see they're all gone :'( Did anyone buy a spare they'd consider selling???

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 10:42 pm   Permalink

Now that all the books are sold, I'm waiting to find out what the "secret project" Beau hinted to a few pages back. Cmon, Beau! Enquiring minds want to know!

Beau-ler? Beau-ler?

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-26 11:23 am   Permalink

I've been working with Beau to create an ePub version of the book. It's about ready at this point, but I've got chronic back problems and I haven't been able to sit at my computer for more than a few minutes at a time the past week or so. As soon as it's released (hopefully very soon), we'll let everyone know!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-26 11:39 am   Permalink

"Chronic" problems in Colorado.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-04 05:26 am   Permalink

Was doing a little googling on Dick Moano. Came across this on google books. Catalog of copyrights 1963. Looks like Dick's full name was Richard Moano Irwin.

Linky:

http://books.google.com/books?id=DB0hAQAAIAAJ&pg=PA1656&lpg=PA1656&dq=dick+moano&source=bl&ots=jBH5z4_JdB&sig=iEn35J9EFdGv_YjIroyarX_8ThM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=81cIVOi1KM7IgwSdkoCQAQ&ved=0CDwQ6AEwBA#v=onepage&q=dick%20moano&f=false

Just in case that didn't work.... I screen captured the entry:

howlinowl

[ This Message was edited by: howlinowl 2014-09-04 05:27 ]

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rockydog101
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 22 days ago; 3:50 pm   Permalink

Hi all,

Since the book is sold and not in print anymore, did anyone scan in the recipes? Or if not, is there still plans to do a ebook?

View Profile of rockydog101 Send a personal message to rockydog101      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 11:04 pm   Permalink

Hi Rocky
The eBook/iBook will be released and available soon. Will keep all posted as to release date. And it will be FREE!!!
Mahalo,
Beau

View Profile of Big Bad Beau Send a personal message to Big Bad Beau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2 days ago; 4:43 pm   Permalink

It's done! We had some technical difficulties with our distribution channel (read: I broke iTunes Connect), but the ebook is now available for FREE (Thanks, Beau!) at the iBook store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/official-islands-drink-guide/id904331408?mt=11

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 06:28 am   Permalink

Cool. Nice of you and Beau to have done this. Looks like it's only available on Apple devices, though. Fortunatly, I purchased the book from Beau earlier...I was going to download it out of curiosities sake and take a look. I don't have any plans to purchase any Apple devices in the foreseeable future. Any plans on releasing it in any other format like Kindle or a .pdf file?

howlinowl

TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 09:37 am   Permalink

howlinowl, I can't speak for Beau, but my understanding is that it may be released in other formats at a later date.

howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 12:59 pm   Permalink

Cool. One of the things I've never cared for Apple is they seem to be very proprietary. It works with Apple or not at all. Amazon has apps so that their books can be read on other devices (Android, Windows) so you aren't forced to purchase a Kindle device just to read your books.

You are in very good company, though. I've been lusting after Jeff "Beachbum" Berry's Tiki+ and now Total Tiki apps forever! iOS devices only, though so I guess I'm stuck with the books.

howlinowl

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: Yesterday; 1:07 pm   Permalink

Add me to the list of disgruntled non Apple users who can't use this or the Tiki+ app!

I have a Galaxy phone, a Google tablet and a Kindle....insert sad face.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: Yesterday; 11:11 pm   Permalink

TikiTacky my Friend,

You are so Awesome for all the work and time you and some of your friends devoted to this project. It is truly a work of art. I appreciate it more than I can express. What an outstanding tribute to my Dad! Thank you so much. Those that download the book will see your name and the others that contributed.
Mahalo - and we will talk soon.

Any of you that do not have access to the Apple download, send me a Private Message with your e-mail and I will send out a .pdf file of the book to you.

Those of you that do download via Apple, remember the 5 Star Rule ***** The "RULE is that you have to give it 5 Stars!
Thanks again to all of you that have been along for this ride!!!!!

Ron "Beau" Turnbow

View Profile of Big Bad Beau Send a personal message to Big Bad Beau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: Yesterday; 11:55 pm   Permalink

Yeah TikiTacky,
The book looks really nice. Thanks for putting in the work on that.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation