FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Dick Moano´s "Introducing original Polynesian tropical bar recipes ... mai tai, navy grog 1963
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Dick Moano´s "Introducing original Polynesian tropical bar recipes ... mai tai, navy grog 1963
54 house of bamboo
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-04 04:55 am   Permalink

Payment sent! Hoping you still have one remaining.

View Profile of 54 house of bamboo Send a personal message to 54 house of bamboo      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-04 05:51 am   Permalink

So excited. Just received my copies this morning. Can't wait to take 'em home from work and start drinking! (Wait....that sounds like I have a problem. oh well) Thanks Beau!

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-04 3:10 pm   Permalink

Going through this booklet, I notice a lot of call for "powdered sugar". Am I to translate that into "Confectioner's sugar"? I'm not sure at this point. I've not found many calls for powdered sugar in the recipes in my collection.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-04 4:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-04 15:10, GentleHangman wrote:
Going through this booklet, I notice a lot of call for "powdered sugar". Am I to translate that into "Confectioner's sugar"? I'm not sure at this point. I've not found many calls for powdered sugar in the recipes in my collection.

I've always thought they were the same. Just to make sure, I looked it up on the 'net:

http://whatscookingamerica.net/Q-A/sugar.htm

Site above states they are the same. If you have it on hand, you could use it, but I imagine an equal amount of simple syrup would be the same??

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau

Posted: 2014-04-04 6:16 pm   Permalink

On it's way 54 House - sent you a PM with the International Tracking Number

View Profile of Big Bad Beau Send a personal message to Big Bad Beau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-04-04 9:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-04 15:10, GentleHangman wrote:

These days most recipes call for simple syrup instead. The advantage of powdered sugar over regular sugar is that it is easier to dissolve in cool liquids.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-05 06:29 am   Permalink

Thanks friends. I was sure powdered sugar and confectioner's were one in the same; it was just that I'd not seen it called for in drink recipes in the past. As I always have my simple syrup on hand, I'm pretty sure I'll use that.

Last night I made "Moano's Own" (Page 24) substituting Kohala Bay for the Meyer's, El Dorado 12 year old as the Demerara, Lemon Hart 151 (No Bacardi 151 on hand) and Pernod for the Herbasaint.

THAT is one tasty drink! Very flavorful and balanced.

Couldn't have just one . . . made myself two of 'em!

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-05 7:51 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau

Posted: 2014-04-06 10:55 am   Permalink

Looks DELICIOUS Hang10tiki

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe 2 like you. Gotta try to keep up with the Tiki crowd while I am learning the and YEARNING for the lifestyle.

Subliminal Message: order your booklet today - time is short 41 booklets left and it will leave me with the 10 I am keeping for the kids and grand kids + 2 I am framing. After that, I have a "Top Secret Project" that myself and one of the High Tiki Priests here at TC have been working on to announce to THE WORLD! Well, OK - maybe not the Whole World, but at least to you Tiki Gods and Goddess's here at TC

[ This Message was edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 11:16 ]

View Profile of Big Bad Beau Send a personal message to Big Bad Beau      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-06 5:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-06 10:55, Big Bad Beau wrote:
Looks DELICIOUS Hang10tiki

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Or maybe 2 like you. Gotta try to keep up with the Tiki crowd while I am learning the and YEARNING for the lifestyle.

Subliminal Message: order your booklet today - time is short 41 booklets left and it will leave me with the 10 I am keeping for the kids and grand kids + 2 I am framing. After that, I have a "Top Secret Project" that myself and one of the High Tiki Priests here at TC have been working on to announce to THE WORLD! Well, OK - maybe not the Whole World, but at least to you Tiki Gods and Goddess's here at TC

[ This Message was edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 11:16 ]

"Top Secret Project"......wonder if it might be similar to what I was thinking you probably should do....that is, if you own the copyright to the book. "Top Secret Project" of "Amazon" like porportions..... you should really start to "kindle" the fire of that "project"....might be a nice moneymaker. Am I guessing close???

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau

Posted: 2014-04-06 5:43 pm   Permalink

Howlinowl Even Better Not for me and not for money, but for the Tiki Population at LARGE!
And of course as a Tribute to my Dad!! Most important to me!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-04-06 17:43 ]

komohana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 12:28 am   Permalink

Arrived today in pristine condition.

You're a true gentleman Beau, thanks very much for the opportunity to buy.

cheers and ALOHA!!

View Profile of komohana Send a personal message to komohana      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau

Posted: 2014-04-11 2:03 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Big Bad Beau 2014-06-10 13:04 ]

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-11 9:13 pm   Permalink

This one saved the night

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Bad Beau

Posted: 2014-04-17 6:25 pm   Permalink

Hang10 - Jon

What a beautiful picture - and also Thank you for making my Dad's drink and posting that fact. Brought a tear to my eye! I sure do miss him.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation