FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Badd Tiki's Tiki Ceramics
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Badd Tiki's Tiki Ceramics
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-07-29 4:47 pm   Permalink

Muy awesome. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-29 4:48 pm   Permalink

Wow! Nice work!

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 11:28 am   Permalink

Thanks

Well, Tiki Cannibal finally made it out of the fire... Just in time for the Clay Guild Show too! He was cooling off on the pedestal

Unfortunately he's a trouble maker. Got a crack in the bottom that went all the way through along the wall. Probably too much clay and not enough compression, gonna have to watch that in the future.
The lid also warped, I think that was due to the addition of the 'mohawk'. It definitely warped and is a bit crooked. I think that pulled the lid out of shape. Just enough to lock the lid on. It was freely moving but I couldn't get it off.

But, a bit of work with the dremel got it off. Luckily that work isn't very noticeable. The lid still has a bit of a trick to get it on and off but it does come off. He came out about 7 inches tall.

Didn't really want to part with him so I put a price tag of $250 on it. I don't think we have very many tikiphiles in the area anyway so I think he's safe

excuse the horrible lighting...

the orbide glaze is actually lighter green and has a bit of lighter blue and some light red blushing in it, really dark in this pic.

[ This Message was edited by: Badd Tiki 2013-08-01 11:29 ]

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 11:33 am   Permalink

Awesome

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-01 12:25 pm   Permalink

GROG' birthday in September....

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-01 12:30 pm   Permalink

I love the way you carved that out BT, turned out very nice.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 2:19 pm   Permalink

thnx guys.

must by Grog grog in Sept

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 5:30 pm   Permalink

Just put up my Tiki Tumblers on ebay, link to my market place thread
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=45920&forum=12&start=last&0

I had an s crack in the 4th after bisque, went ahead and tried to fix/glazed anyway, but it developed a decent crack in high fire... so it's a pencil holder.

These took several hours each to carve and about 45 min. each to glaze with a paint brush.

Tipsy Yeti
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-24 10:47 am   Permalink

I love your work, sorry so much trouble with cracking...

View Profile of Tipsy Yeti Send a personal message to Tipsy Yeti  Email Tipsy Yeti Goto the website of Tipsy Yeti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-24 2:41 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tipsy,

Tikizilla came out of the kiln today and - NO CRACKS!!!
Really concentrating on compressing bases now. Will probably have pics up tomorrow.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 9:03 pm   Permalink

Awesome.......

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-11 4:17 pm   Permalink

Alright, got some new wips to show.

little Ki is about the same as the last king ku tumbler i did, but i tried to embelish it with a little more detail. 5 inches tall by 4 around approx. Set of 4. glazed and stained and waiting for fire. I think this set is spoken for.

Big Ku is about 8 inches tall and 5 inches around. For the tiki drinky that doesn't want to refill more than once or twice. Better hold on with two hands.
he's still drying but will eventually go up on Ebay. I'll glaze and stain like the rest.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-09-12 08:08 am   Permalink

Every one is special. Great styles, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-21 1:31 pm   Permalink

Movin' right along...

Set of 4 Tiki Tumblers... (one as seen above)

The big guy above is glazed and ready for fire and I have another one drying for bisque, it's a very special edition but i can't say more right now

[ This Message was edited by: Badd Tiki 2013-09-21 15:14 ]

Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-28 2:37 pm   Permalink

Well double posting this one for obvious reasons...

Awhile back I asked Brad 'Awesome Sauce Tiki Shark the Man the Myth the Legend' Parker if he minded me using some of his designs on a mug. He was cool as ever and totally down with me rippin' his work

Took me awhile to actually get to it due to other things in progress... But I did and too impatient to wait and show off the finished piece. it's bisqued but needs glaze and high fire.

Standing at about 7 inches tall I give you the... well, first the origin...

TWIN TIKI MUG:

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation