Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ernie Menehune at Kon Tiki
Ernie Menehune at Kon Tiki
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-02 08:42 am   Permalink

Caught Ernie's show (he's 90 yrs old) at Kon Tiki Tucson New Years Eve. It was a lot of fun. He's still doing his thing. Love the red high tops.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-03 3:46 pm   Permalink

Way cool, glad to hear Ernie's still willing and able to continue his shows.

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 3:57 pm   Permalink

He's getting pretty long in the tooth, but the show as a blast and he still talks to all his fans and loves to take pics with you.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 7:10 pm   Permalink

Does he still sell records?

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 09:59 am   Permalink

Glad to see Ernie still performing. He is a real Hawaiian treasure!!

I heard they are selling his CD's now but have'nt been able to find any. He needs a distributor bad!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-07 10:54 am   Permalink

Amazing. One of those instances that make me wish I could just jet around freely to cherish what is left out there. Would love to see his place...

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-08 10:38 am   Permalink

Haven't seen his records on sale recently, But I ran across these two links, the second one sounds good. I'll check at Zia's and see if they have any cds. Let you know.
Check this link from Velvetglass, a local mosaics place with strong tiki. Second link is promising.
http://velvetglass.com/erniemenehune/erniemenehunerecords.html

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/WeGotCactus/archives/2012/10/15/ernie-menehunes-music-now-on-cd

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation