[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Plunge Pirate Saloon
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
The Plunge Pirate Saloon
jimbo020
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-11 04:34 am   Permalink

Yes, Suzis is great! And technichally, I do have a skating rink I guess... sad as it is... LOL!

View Profile of jimbo020 Send a personal message to jimbo020      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravnerRavenweird
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-11 11:03 am   Permalink

There you Are! I knew there had to be other Tiki people in Minneapolis as some of my thrift store finds I had to wait to buy after pay day always disappeared before I could get back to them. I always thought it would be fun to have a "meet up" at some point...and then 4 months ago I moved to Washington. I'm missing Suzi's a whole lot about now.
Your set up looks great! Hope to see more.

View Profile of TravnerRavenweird Send a personal message to TravnerRavenweird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 7:25 pm   Permalink

In a lot of the tiki art, especially furniture and decorations, you can see the type of bamboo they are using looks old, and seems burnished...that's the look to aim for, even in doing the walls and frames. Those last pictures really show how it should look....

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-12 7:31 pm   Permalink

Your structure looks nice and solid, now all you need is a boatload of decorations to "tikifly" it! Have fun. It takes time, especially in non-tiki areas, unless you hit the lottery and can buy anything you want and hire Bamboo Ben.

And I'm with you, sadly staring out the window staring at my winterized pool and tiki paradise waiting for Spring and Summer!

Lori

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 11:22 pm   Permalink

Thanks to the Internet, you can easily be a tiki fanatic anywhere now! Just get used to shipping charges.

If you dig the Buffett type bar, I say keep it! Just maybe add a few tikis?

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-02-01 23:23 ]

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation