advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Ooga-Mooga Subscription
Ooga-Mooga Subscription
rikitikirhino

Posted: 2013-01-11 2:42 pm   Permalink

Howdy folks - wondering if anybody can shed some light on Ooga-Mooga subscriptions. I have a standard subscription that costs $12 a year. I would like to get a Trader account, which it looks like I can do for an extra $2 a month. If my math is correct, you play $12 for a Standard account and then another $24 to upgrade - that comes to $36 a year.

If you try to sign up for a free account, it gives you the option to sign up for a trader account for $1.50 a month...translates to $18 a year.

Now, under the "Gift Subscriptions" you can gift someone a Trader accounts for $18 a year.

Now why would I sign up for $36 a month and not just have someone "gift" me an account for $18 a year.

Unfortunately, I've tried in the past to make contacts with Humuhumu (whom I know is pretty busy) but have always heard only crickets response. Part of the issue could be that there seems to be no e-mail notification for when you get messages on the OM website (which is incrediable irritating if you're a newbie like me trying to contact folks about trades and purchases.)

I just want to know...at this point, how can I get a Trader account for $18 a year? Do I need to wait for my current account to expire?

View Profile of rikitikirhino Send a personal message to rikitikirhino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 6:27 pm   Permalink

"Pretty busy" seems a bit of an understatement. She just had a baby three days ago. I think you're gonna have to wait a while to resolve your question

The thing with these endeavors in the Tiki community, like Tiki News or others, is that they are a mainly a result of passion for Tiki, not really a money-making thing. So when life interferes, there is no clean cut off, or clear communication like on any commercial site. Tiki is still mostly a bohemian undertaking, no matter how pro it comes across.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 6:57 pm   Permalink

Amen Brother Bigbrotiki! Listen to this man, he is wise.

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rikitikirhino

Posted: 2013-01-11 8:01 pm   Permalink

First of all, huge congrats goes out to Humuhumu on the new munkin!!! Whether it's a first or another addition, great adventures ahead for her.

Hope I didn't come off as being harsh. Certainly not what I was going for. Like I said, I knew from the message boards and such that she has quite a bit on her plate and the she has a bit of help from others. Was mostly trying to see if anyone had a quick easy answer. I'm not the sharpest guy out there and thought I might be missing something - might be a page or link somewhere that I was missing that would help me out with the upgrade. Love the site, love the tiki and love the help out there.

Again - if you're out there Humuhumu - big congrats!!! Enjoy that new kiddo!!! Mahalo y'all!!!

View Profile of rikitikirhino Send a personal message to rikitikirhino      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 8:27 pm   Permalink

First things first. If you plan on sticking around these parts, maybe make a post under new members. Let us know a little about yourself, where you are in the tiki collecting/lifestyle, what brings you here, et cetera.

Maybe earn a little good mana after your accidental flub up there, not knowing about the baby and whatnot.

And if you're new to the world of collecting tiki, don't sweat the $6, you're going to be spending a LOT more on the hobby than that. It can be a little addicting, to say the least.

So, welcome! Browse around a bit, see what all we have to offer. Stay for awhile, and have a drink.

ALOHA!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MikeyTiki
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-15 9:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-11 14:42, rikitikirhino wrote:
Part of the issue could be that there seems to be no e-mail notification for when you get messages on the OM website (which is incrediable irritating if you're a newbie like me trying to contact folks about trades and purchases.)

When I signed up the email notifications didn't start working until I linked my OM and TC accounts. (I don't know if that is still the case.)

View Profile of MikeyTiki Send a personal message to MikeyTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation