FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Mods & Rockers (Hollywood)
Mods & Rockers (Hollywood)
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 9:38 pm   Permalink

Would you like to be in a 60's fashion show? I'm helping a friend find models in the Los Angeles area for a "casual fashion show" at the Mods & Rockers film festival party this Saturday afternoon, July 5. They are having it at the Knitting Factory on Hollywood Blvd and need people who have their own Mod or Rocker (or even a hippie outfit) to be in the show. They will compensate volunteer models with movie tickets or other stuff. Email me if you're interested.

If you want to check out more info on the event go here:
http://www.modsandrockers.com/teaparty.html

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 10:08 pm   Permalink

So, I'm I to understand, that there will be no job openings for the title of, ” Fat hippie who consumes mass amounts of alcohol out of tiki mugs" available?
Just wondering

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-06-30 10:55 pm   Permalink

Actually, there HAVE been a few hippies in previous years' fashion shows and plenty attending the screenings....especially for films like Wonderwall with a sitar score by George Harrison.

Here's the schedule for this year for those of you in town:
http://www.modsandrockers.com/schedule.html

View Profile of vintagegirl Send a personal message to vintagegirl  Goto the website of vintagegirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 01:15 am   Permalink

Vintage Girl:

You would know better than me, but isn't there a mod club on Santa Monica, near the Fermosa?

PS, Can a mod today have a new Vespa and, while on the subject, were there Vespas in England (as well as Italy) back in the day?

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 09:42 am   Permalink

Ahhh yes.
Memories.
The 1980's.
Costa Mesa (Orange County), California.
MOD's vs. Rock-a-billy's.
Vespas/Lambrettas vs. REAL motorcycles or Classic V-8's.
Thin ties, narrow pants & pointy shoes vs. jeans, boots & leather jackets.
Light hairspray vs. pomade.
Cafés vs. diners.

Can you guess which one I was?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 09:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-01 09:42, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Can you guess which one I was?

A Mocker?

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 10:37 am   Permalink

Quote:

Can a mod today have a new Vespa

By "new", do you mean, like, a GL as opposed to say a GS 160?

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vintagegirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-01 9:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-01 01:15, christiki295 wrote:
Vintage Girl:

You would know better than me, but isn't there a mod club on Santa Monica, near the Fermosa?

PS, Can a mod today have a new Vespa and, while on the subject, were there Vespas in England (as well as Italy) back in the day?

The Mod club I'm most familiar with in Hollywood is "Bang". They have a 60's room (out of 3).
http://www.clubbang.net/
Fais Do-Do also has some Mod nights of their own as well. But I'm not familiar with one near the Formosa Cafe. Would love to know about it though.

As for Vespas, they started in Italy after WW2 and spread like wildfire throughout Europe including England, And yes, a present-day Mod can have a new Vespa.
http://www.vespausa.com/

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation