FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki !!Winter 2013 Mug Swap!!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
!!Winter 2013 Mug Swap!!
Pittsburgh pauly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 1:05 pm   Permalink

It's been a rough couple of days! Sorry that I haven't updated.
Be on the lookout:
Ukutiki
Slacks Ferret
Hale Tiki
Ragbag Comics
Lorilovestiki
Miss Hell
Pikey's Dog
Danlovestiki
Tikilongbeach

View Profile of Pittsburgh pauly Send a personal message to Pittsburgh pauly  Goto the website of Pittsburgh pauly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Holler Waller
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-04 11:23 am   Permalink

International Tiki hit these shores today all the way from Calgary, Canada.
It looks to be an Orchidy day here in Cave Country.

To begin setting the mood we have music from the Kodak Hula Show, various swizzles and postcards from the Pacific and one featuring a Mermaid from Montana. Also napkins to help keep the party tidy.

After this we can get down to business with our first mug.
This seems to be [or be based upon] an Orchids of Hawaii R-5. No markings and much of the detail has been lost, maybe due to using an older mold? Still, some mean eyes - definitely take your potations seriously with this dude.

Next up, don't you dare judge him by his size, he's the hearty, stout, Unnumbered Short Ku from Orchids of Hawaii! He looks like he will help you get tanked without actually going to Montana.

And finally, we have these colorful plastic tiki containers; from port to Kool-Aid, these glasses will always leave you with a smile on their face.

This shipment seemed professionally packed with not one ding or dang. Wish I could say that for my own shipping job. Mahalo, Slacks Ferret, for sending your Aloha Spirit among the hills, holes, and hollers of South Central KY.

View Profile of Holler Waller Send a personal message to Holler Waller      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 12:20 pm   Permalink

Received my SWAP SWAG from Exquisite Corpse and a lot of good stuff. A Kona Club Tiki Mug, and a TC Hawaii 50th State ashtray (I now have an official collection..red, green, and crackle tan). Also a Sailor Jerry shot glass, swizzles, paper goods and seashells....plus other stuff as well. Mahalo Mucho EC.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 12:23 pm   Permalink

Mongo..Too late to warn me about the CD. It is already on my computer.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 2:05 pm   Permalink

received this great mug along with swizzles, key-chain and stickers from a mystery swapper. thanks!

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 2:09 pm   Permalink

Ukutiki, listen to it at your own risk. Just had to put a disclaimer out there, because nothing says tiki like Billy Ocean's Caribbean Queen!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-04 6:54 pm   Permalink

exquisitecorpse, that was from me. I hope you like all that stuff and that you get some good use out of the mug! Glad it made it to you safe!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-05 6:17 pm   Permalink

Whoohoo! I feel like Eric October spoiled me. A lot of amazing original pieces. I love it all! However, I think Derek Mitchell thinks he's keeping it all and he's sadly mistaken. THANK YOU, ERIC!!

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ragbag Comics
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 8:25 pm   Permalink

What's that, Wilma?

Timmy's stuck in the well?? Who's Timmy?

OH! A suspicious package?

Woo-hoo! It's from Woo Hoo Wahine!

Hopefully the god of fortune is smiling on us today...

Inside...

Swizzles, coasters, a boatload of of ephemera, and a nifty lil'
Moonraker bucket mug!

Thanks!

I think that means it's time to make a Navy Grog.... now!

--Pete

View Profile of Ragbag Comics Send a personal message to Ragbag Comics  Goto the website of Ragbag Comics     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-06 6:00 pm   Permalink

Mahalo Tiki Long Beach, I almost feel bad that you spent the money on postage since we are neighbors. I mean literally down the street spitting distance neighbors. I waited for Pineapple Princess to come home and I heard her gasp as she unearthed the Big Toe artwork while I unwrapped the well packaged items. The mugs are super cool and I dig the swizzles. The Hawaii sticker was icing on the cake. Now that you have my address feel free to come over for a mai tai!

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-06 6:42 pm   Permalink

Mongoloid, I'm glad you like your swap swag. I did think about dropping it on your front step, but didn't know if that would be ok.
The sticker came from Project Aloha. Whenever you order a hoodie or t-shirt from them they give you a handful of interesting stickers.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-07 10:03 am   Permalink

My box from Sheffield (England or Canada?) has arrived safely. Tomorrow is Dan's birthday. He will open it and then I'll have photos to post. Thank you (I need TC name) until then, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 4:13 pm   Permalink

Pete from Ragbag Comics did an AMAZING job with my swap gifts! I mean absolutely FREAKING amazing! The creativity of people on TC continues to amaze me. Check it out.!
I opened my box and found this:

Then I found 4 boxes inside the big box.
(everything was amazingly well packaged.)
Here was the load:

And another sketch detailing everything I received!
and a poster from Fongfest (Pete drew that too, how cool is that!)

In case you can't see I received 2 Orchids of Hawaii mugs, a Foundation Bar Mai Tai glass, a 1952 Ron Rico Rum promo mug, coasters, matches, the motherload of swizzles and the Fong Fest poster.

WAY COOL!

Mahalo Pete! Mahalo!!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-08 2:53 pm   Permalink

I received my wonderful swap package from Great Britain. Thank you! I got a cool handmade shell dish, a Moevenpick style mug, Union Jack toothpicks, miniature ukulele player, hula girl postcard, several cool swizzles, matchbooks from The Beachcomber and the Kahiki, monkey rim hangers and some much needed cocktail umbrellas.
Thank you very much!

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-08 4:29 pm   Permalink

I got my swap stuff from Ukutiki, it took me a bit to post it, sorry.
I got a Daga mug and a coffee tiki cup. Got a tiki candle and a bobblehead, pez dispenser, Hawaii keychain and a bunch of cool swizzle sticks.

Thanks!!!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation