FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-01-25 1:32 pm   Permalink

Calling all "Ruiners" (ceramic artists) and 2d artists:

Everybody's making mugs nowadays, so we're going to do a "Bowl Show" in early March at the Tonga Hut. This will be "SUPERBOWL SUNDAY" of tiki.
Scorpion Bowl, Volcano bowl, whatever kind of bowl you want to do. Heck, GROG may even bring GROG' "Toilet Bowl" GROG did in college.
Artists contact GROG if you'd like to do a bowl or bowls for the art show.

So, break out your clay and start slinging some mud around.

This will be March 3rd, Kitty Chow and Fisherman will perform at 4pm and The GLASGOW TIKI SHAKERS will perform at 6pm.

We will have vendors as well, so contact GROG if you want to vend. ( $20 vending space fee to pay for the band.)

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-02-22 18:26 ]

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-02-22 18:27 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-25 6:08 pm   Permalink

Super Idea Grog! MP like.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-01-25 7:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks Em-Pee. GROG hope to see some fun stuff done for this show. Hope you can contribute.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-01-26 10:41 am   Permalink

Got some awesomely talented people already interested in participating in this art show. GROG really excited about this one.

Maybe GROG will finally do the "Sacrificial Virgin" Volcano bowl GROG designed years ago.
Hiphipahula and Trader Tom already came up with a "Sacrificial Virgin" drink recipe to go with it.

Thor said he might even come over to GROG' cave and sling some mud with GROG.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

GROG

Posted: 2013-01-26 10:44 am   Permalink

Do ya'll think we should open it up to 2d artists if they want to do some drawings or paintings, or do ya'll think we should keep it a ceramic show?

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-01-26 11:03 am   Permalink

I vote to let the 2Der's in otherwise they will cry and tears fill all the ceramic bowls.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-26 8:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Grog the next Don the Beachcomber's sale is in April. Your show will fill in the gap. I think I can have a bowl ready but if we can't make it down may I mail it to you and pick it up in the future? Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-26 10:00 pm   Permalink

YES!!!

I have lotsa bowl ideas itching* to be created... not sure how 2D art can be represented in this show, but I'm up for that challenge too! Heck, 1D, 4D, I'm there! (or THEN, in the case of 4D)... in any and every event, count me in!!!

*By "itching" I mean "banging around in my brain, aching and begging to be born into corporeal existence"... and if I can commit them to clay, perhaps it will help to quell the raging inferno, if only incrementally, that rages 24/7 in my skull... and momentarily appeased, I may be able to focus the remaining madness into some semblance of sanity (and art)... fingers crossed here...

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-01-27 09:13 am   Permalink

We should wear "Bowling Shirts" to this event to keep with the theme.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-27 9:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-26 11:03, Bora Boris wrote:
I vote to let the 2Der's in otherwise they will cry and tears fill all the ceramic bowls.

Laughing out loud! Belly laugh really loud! Oh wait a minute, Im a 2-d artist. little tears

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-28 2:10 pm   Permalink

Wait GROG, don't you mean BOWL-O-RAMA ??...

That other word was confusing to me.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-01-28 6:22 pm   Permalink

Nope.

GROG

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:13 am   Permalink

A little preview:

The "Wangaroan Bowl" in progress.
The Wangaroan is sculpted and ready to mold. Going to make Bowl mold this morning and then mold the Wangaroan sculpt this afternoon (if all goes according to plan).

The initial idea sketch (done a few years ago):

The Wangaroan sculpt:

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

GROG

Posted: 2013-01-29 10:37 am   Permalink

Maybe we can get Kinny Ruzic to do a piece for the show. GROG not sure if he'd drink a bowl, but he'd certainly smoke a bowl.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

GROG

Posted: 2013-01-29 1:14 pm   Permalink

Bowl mold worked out.

But, GROG broke the wang off the little Wangaroan (for the third time) as GROG was preparing him to be molded. Technically GROG broke him off his wang, because the wang was attached to a base. He's repaired and drying now. He's happy to have his wang reattached.

Update: oops again. Make that 4 times now it's had to be reattached.

Update: Penis has now been broken off 5 times and his head twice. Tired of fixing him, so going to fire this bastard and then make a mold.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2013-01-31 01:22 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation