FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 9:31 pm   Permalink

Tobunga, those are insane.
The Stockton Islander, is that a mug? With a removable lid roof?!

And a giant volcano bowl with room for flaming croutons all the way around!?

Very cool.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:33 pm   Permalink

All the artwork is looking great everybody. This is going to be a really neat show. GROG have stuff in the kiln GROG will pull out in the morning. GROG looking forward to seeing everybody's art and seeing everybody at the Tonga Hut.

GROG stole this photo of Tiki Tony's wooden bowl he is bringing from Cass's Bowlarama facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/216189411855144/?context=create
If you check out the page and click on the photos they are much bigger and you can really see some of the great artwork we'll be having at the show.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-02 22:46 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 11:11 pm   Permalink

Hey everybody!

Here is some more fun for tomorrow!

New glaze on Tonga Hut coconut mugs, a sort of young coconut green, debuting tomorrow!

Plus a bowl for Tonga Hut I've had in the works for some time... completed, appropriately enough, just in time for Bowlarama...
The Drooling Bastard bowl! Order a bowl from the Hut and have it served up in this bastard of a bowl!

And this just in... I'll have a small quantity of the brand spanking new Quiet Village podcast mai tai glasses at my booth... I did the artwork for 'em!

The glasses are 8.00 each, or two for 14.00

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-03 08:46 am   Permalink

Tobunga, you are a machine!! How do you get so much done and still have a full time job?

TODAY'S THE DAY!!!!!!

GROG so excited about the show GROG couldn't pee this morning or GROG would've wet the ceiling!
GROG cracked the kiln open a bit this morning so it can cool down another hour or so before GROG can get the rest of the ceramics out.
GROG looking forward to seeing all of GROG' artist friends and tiki friends. Dees gonna be phun!!!!!!!!

See ya'll this afternoon. GROG got alotta packing to do to take everything over to Tonga Hut. May have to make two trips.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 09:05 am   Permalink

I need to see this show. I am making the trip from Palm Springs and leaving my isolated lifestyle for one day to enjoy the art,drinks and friends at the Tonga Hut.

See you then,
W

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gunga Galunga

Posted: 2013-03-03 09:09 am   Permalink

I'm sure I could spend a couple hundred easily today judging by the craftsmanship shown in the pics. Conveniently, ill be finding out just how much job security I have tomorrow so ill probably have to tighten the belt, but who knows how ill feel after a few zombies, ha!

View Profile of Gunga Galunga Send a personal message to Gunga Galunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 10:42 am   Permalink

almost time, will have one mug at my vending table, a test glazed Kapriman. Will have dry ice to light up the volcanoes if any of the other artists are interested. See you there!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-03-03 9:00 pm   Permalink

This show was a lot of fun. Great job putting it together Grog! The lineup of bowls was pretty amazing and it looked like a great turn out. I forgot my "real" camera, and took no crowd shots, so this is going to look a lot like the previous pages in this thread. Full sized versions on Flickr, and 2 (very) short video clips of the dry ice and rotation action.

LLT & MP's collaboration here had to be seen in person. Great depth.

Val and I had a great time seeing so many familiar (and some not so familiar) faces today at the Tonga Hut.

Mahalo to everyone that helped put on today's show!

kevin

[ This Message was edited by: heylownine 2013-03-03 21:01 ]

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-03 10:13 pm   Permalink

All those shots look great!
So bummed I couldnt be there.
Huge props to Ernie and everyone involved!!!

Here's my raku bowl/cup I'll be giving away right here
on this thread soon. Stay tuned for details

Its cracked and repaired but hey, its free. What the heck!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 06:23 am   Permalink

How very generous, MP!
The show looked great. Congratulations to everyone involved for creating fantastic pieces.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-04 08:11 am   Permalink

Thank you GROG for putting on a terrific show. I scored the Islander Building by Eric October and Mahalo Tiki is bringing it home to me. It's going to be a surprise for Dan on our 35th Wedding anniversary in May.

I love all everything that was shown.

Someone bought my Red Frankoma/Pele Rising bowl. I'd really like to see a photo of who it is with the bowl. I've saved the photo posted here by heylownine, thank you very much.

Cheers, Wendy

MP I'll be checking back every hour until I see what you are doing with that bowl!

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-03-04 10:16 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-04 11:12 am   Permalink

GROG would like to thank everybody who came out to the show and everybody involved in the show. Thanks to Jeremy and Amy for hosting the show at the Tonga Hut, and Marie and Lisa-Marie for doing a wonderful job mixing drinks. Very big thanks to Tonga Tom for bringing the panels to hang the 2d artwork, and FOR HANGING the 2d artwork, and also for doing a great job DJing. Big thanks to all the artists and vendors for participating. All of the artwork was was great. Big, huge thank you to Cass (Oceotica) for helping promote the show with a facebook page, for bringing the tables to put the bowls on, and for helping set up the show. Also thanks for bringing dry ice and making everything look so dramatic. It looked really neat in the water fountains inside the Tonga Hut. Thanks to everybody who bought stuff and helped support the hard working artists of the Tiki community. And Kitty Chow, Fisherman and Crazy Al for entertaining everybody. That was very fun. GROG wish GROG had gotten to see more of the show.

GROG took some pictures GROG post as soon as GROG download and crop them.

GROG will sell bowls and crap that didn't sell at the show on ebay, so watch for GROG' marketplace thread "CRAP BY GROG" when GROG have stuff up on ebay.

Thanks again everybody for helping to make this a fun and successful event.

P.S. Anybody interested in taking over organizing and promoting these art shows at the Tonga Hut, GROG would be more than happy to talk to you.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-04 12:29 ]

Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 12:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks everyone who was vending, everyone who came, Marie and Lisa Marie for the amazing cocktails, Ernie for organizing and Tonga Tom for dj'ing!!!!

Amazing art pieces, the best bowls ever, thanks all!

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-04 2:08 pm   Permalink

Pics:

Setting up the bowls, Tiki Diablo and Tiki Tony were running late, so their bowls aren't up there yet.

Tiki Diablo and Tiki Tony setting up. Hey, you get there late, you gotta set up next to the dumpster.

Smokin' Tikis vending for the 1st time at the Tonga Hut.

The Taco Lady stayed busy cooking some delicious Mexican food.

GROG and Joe Banks---some guys just weren't meant for close ups.

Can't really explain what's going on here.

Proud new owner of a Tiki Tony piece.

Bongofury got a Tiki Tony piece, too.

The Taco Lady made MORE tacos.

Only one 2D piece didn't sell.

GROG and Kitty Chow.

This lady is holding something sweet in her hands, and she's got a cookie.

MISHA!!!!!!!!!!!

Proud owners of a Wangaroan shot glass.

The Taco Lady made more food.

Desiree got the Vicious Virgin mug by Trader Tom.

It was one big lovefest.

Tiki Tony found the cookies GROG brought.

Atomikitty showed up. Not sure who has the nicer lips, but GROG pretty sure Suzy is a close second.

The lovefest continues.

Sven and Suzy basking in the afterglowof the lovefest.
Actually it's just the sun setting as vending starts to wrap up and everybody heads in to see Kitty Chow and Fisherman perform with special guest, Crazy Al.

That's all the photos GROG took.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-04 14:25 ]

SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 2:12 pm   Permalink

So bummed to have missed this! Looks like it was a great turn out with some impressive art from some of my favorite folks.

Love that frame MP and also Eric that Islander building bowl came out great. Glad it survived the firing!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation