FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 01:22 am   Permalink

Bowls are looking great Grog! glaze like the wind!
Here is a quick pick of one of the bowls I hope to have for the show, as of now it's likely I will have 3 at the show. This, PNG inspired, side faces are dry ice pockets, cocktail goes in the center.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 03:50 am   Permalink

Nice crap, GROG.

I like the Moai Bowl in the back the most, I think. And all the WANGaroans, of course. I agree, I think some dry brushing could save the drippy one. Looking forward to updates!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 07:02 am   Permalink

Finally! It's about time that somebody picks up on the Spanish style. Cudos, Cass.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-27 11:03 am   Permalink

Cass!!

Muy impresionante!

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-02-27 6:22 pm   Permalink

For those of you who are facebookers:

Quote:

On 2013-02-24 10:05, OceaOtica wrote:
Hey Grog, I put together a facebook page for those who want to invite people on facebook https://www.facebook.com/events/216189411855144/?context=create

Help spread the word. Thanks.

GROG

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-02-27 18:22 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 6:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks Grog! Sven, nail on the head! Wanted to cross Spanish style with even more PNG influence, not sure which direction with the glaze yet, Spanish or PNG. Excited because I love the Spanish mugs and bowls and want to incorporate that some. Here is the cooling lava 3 Moai bowl, iPod photo doesn't quite capture the depth of the glaze technique.

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-02-27 10:42 pm   Permalink

Wow Cass! That's HOT!!!

little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 11:25 pm   Permalink

AWESOME CASS! makes me crave an ol school ashtray!
So many incredible works!
amazed....

FINALLY FINISHED!
"Midnight Concoction"
cel-vinyl and acrylic on dimensional wood
mounted on velvet
with a stunning hand-carved frame by Mikel Parton
19.5 x 23"

This was a collaboration where Mp created the frame and the pieces and the velvet and...
Just go see it at the tonga hut on Sunday!
It's up for Adoption!
For an Incredibly Verbose and Visual journey thru this painting
the process/the lil tricks.and all that
go here and scroll down
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=last&

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 12:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-27 23:25, little lost tiki wrote:
AWESOME CASS! makes me crave an ol school ashtray!
So many incredible works!
amazed....

FINALLY FINISHED!
"Midnight Concoction"
cel-vinyl and acrylic on dimensional wood
mounted on velvet
with a stunning hand-carved frame by Mikel Parton
19.5 x 23"

This was a collaboration where Mp created the frame and the pieces and the velvet and...
Just go see it at the tonga hut on Sunday!
It's up for Adoption!
For an Incredibly Verbose and Visual journey thru this painting
the process/the lil tricks.and all that
go here and scroll down
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19904&forum=18&start=last&

Kinny, Me and CeCe are drooling over" Midnight concoction". This is just classic LLT. The way I read the link it appears to be sold. Say it isn't so and pm me the price. Don't tease us li dat!

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 04:41 am   Permalink

Quote:

WANT

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-02-28 10:10 am   Permalink

Yay!!! We've got some nice stuff for the ladies. Audrey K will be vending. Her first time vending at the Tonga Hut. GROG hope we get a good turn out, so she'll come back again.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

GROG

Posted: 2013-02-28 10:15 am   Permalink

Looks like it's going to be 72 degrees and partly cloudy, so a perfect day for art show and vending in the parking lot behind the Tonga Hut.

johnnievelour
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 3:00 pm   Permalink

Unfortunately, I won't have my "Black and White" bowls I was making for the show ready in time. But I will have some other pieces.

These are 2 different kinds of clays wheel-thrown and the tapa carved to be identical. The white one is porcelain and the brownish one would turn black in the glaze firing.

View Profile of johnnievelour Send a personal message to johnnievelour  Email johnnievelour Goto the website of johnnievelour     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-02-28 4:26 pm   Permalink

Very nice Mr. Velour.

GROG got Bosko's bowl and Trader Tom's Bowl and Mug combo delivered today. GROG going to leave them in the boxes so they are safe when GROG transport them to the Tonga Hut, so sorry, no pics but you can see Tom's on his ceramic thread:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=43415&forum=18
Bosko said his is an A/P of his Moai Bowl.

GROG pulled GROG's crap out of the kiln, most of it was better and came out OK. A few disappointments, but GROG has time to do another touch up and fire before Sunday. GROG stayed up late firing and preparing for taxes today. Met with the tax guy today, and GROG need go take nap now before GROG jump on working on Bamboo Ben comic due tomorrow.

The Bob Bowl came out a little bit lighter, but still looks really nice.

This is the third bowl GROG ever made, and it's had some glaze problems. GROG keep adding different glazes and firing it, but glaze not stick in certain areas.
Got another trick to try and fix it, and we'll see if that works.

Did a dark rub on the Olive colored bowl and put some clear on it and it looks much better now.
The light brown one to back left is still too light.
The grey one looks better now (it's not as dark as in the picture).
The darker brown one looks good, and didn't do anything with the far right one with the sucky dipping glaze.

Tried some new glazes on some Bob shots, and they all turned out well.

Put some lava on this bowl and it looks like blood. Gonna grab a different red and reglaze so it's more like molten lava.

Salt and pecker shakers turned out better with a little darker glaze.

The two shots on the left are OK but the one on the right still sucks.

[ This Message was edited by: grog 2013-03-02 15:09 ]

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-28 6:58 pm   Permalink

Everything is looking GOOD everybody! I wanted to get more done but It will just be my collaboration with
Ken Ruzic and maybe one with BigToe, we will see. I'm going to try and sneak in a velvet for the online after party.
Also I have raku bowl/mug I had to repair that I'm going to give away to someone right here. Pics coming soon.
We let grog decide how he want give away MP Bowl. Cant wait to see the pics of all the finished art.

Big Mahalos Grog for supporting the artists consistently with the awesome Tong Hut art show!

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation