FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
BOWLARAMA at the Tonga Hut March 3rd
alohashirtbob
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-01 07:09 am   Permalink

Tita and I should make it there from snowy Chicago. In town for WesFest Sunday night at the Roxy so it should be a fun AND WARM (it's snowing here.. F the groudhog) weekend.

View Profile of alohashirtbob Send a personal message to alohashirtbob  Email alohashirtbob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-01 10:42 am   Permalink

72 degrees and partly cloudy---you're gonna like it.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiRootsRocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 1:27 pm   Permalink

Wow, can't wait to see these in person. Great work!
The PNG bowl is in the kiln and will be picked up Sunday morning before the show. I hope it doesn't suck.
Here's some tumbler mugs, little coconut bowls and a petroglph bowl.

View Profile of TikiRootsRocka Send a personal message to TikiRootsRocka  Email TikiRootsRocka Goto the website of TikiRootsRocka     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-01 6:47 pm   Permalink

Yay RootsRocka!! GROG really like the primitive looking petroglyph bowl.

Going to meet Kinny tonight to get the Ruzic/MP collab, and his other pieces for the show. Hopefully Big Toe finished a piece, too.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-02 08:05 am   Permalink

GROG all the art submitted for your show has been terrific. Mahalo Tiki is picking up my Pele Rising (out of the volcano) bowl today and will deliver it to you for the show.

Having the copy-write to the Frankoma Tiki line I have been allowed by Joniece Frank to mold one of her original War God tikis to use here. The top bowl and Pele are my own sculpts. I put this together for your show. Thank you for inviting me. Wendy

This is a dangerous bowl. If you don't use a straw for the drink you may poke your eyes out!

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:06 am   Permalink

All the pieces for the show look fantastic!

I got a peek at the spanish style bowl that Cass did when I stopped in at Ceramic Castle to drop off stuff for firing... looks even more incredible in person!

Here's a drawing I did for the show, it's called Last Bowl at Bahooka. Features tikis from the restaurant, plus the ubiquitous wooden salad bowl they use for serving tiki cocktails!

8x10, colored pencil on black paper.

I have some finished ceramics back too... I'll post photos when I can!

Looking forward to the show!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:19 am   Permalink

Wow Eric, you are a triple threat and a treat too. Excellent, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:50 am   Permalink

Hey Eric, thanks! Wendy, LLT and MP, Tikiroots Rocka, Velour, all the pieces are looking wonderful. I think its gonna be such a great site seeing all these bowls together as a whole! Eric, that Bahooka piece is a gorgeous homage!
Just got my stuff from firing, here is the Easter Island Hot Tub, featuring a glaze i mixed for the black, which is a warm tone saturated satin and shiny black. Dry ice goes in the volcano or lime shell and flame can be put into the top of the volcano. photo was a quick ipod camera snap, so a bit washed out

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:58 am   Permalink

Very nice you two. Nice Bahooka tribute, Eric. Bora Boris was wondering if we could include that somehow into the show and you did.

A little bad news: The Glasgow Tiki Shakers had to cancel for Sunday, but we still have Kitty Chow and Fisherman playing. Maybe we can extend their set or have them start a little later. GROG have to talk to Marie today.

Picked up Ruzic's artwork last night and it looks fabulous. Wait until you guys see the MP/Ruzic collaboration in person. Superneat. Big Toe tweaked his back and wasn't able to finish his piece. Hopefully he'll finish and post here once it's done. He's excited about the piece.

Got another firing to do today and that's all GROG have time for before the show.

PS.---Holy crap! Cass posted while GROG was typing. That looks great Cass. This is going to be a neat show. GROG looking forward to seeing what Tiki Tony, Crazy Al, and Tiki Diablo bringing.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-02 11:03 ]

Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 11:06 am   Permalink

I really wish I could be there.
Cass - I'm in love the Easter Island Hot Tub.
Wendy, I love those chalices.
GROG...WANG! They look great, as do the paper clay bowls.
I love the Ruzic piece on velvet. That piece is outta sight!
RootsRoka - I dig those tumblers. I think you could make a heck of a Fog Cutter mug if you wanted.
Tobunga - Its about time that after standing guard all these years, the tikis finally get to have a drink themselves
Johnnie Velour - Those look really nice. I hope you'll post photos when they're done somewhere on here.
Kudos to you all. With the addition of a few more great artists, it'll be one hell of a show!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OceaOtica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 12:26 pm   Permalink

Haletiki, we will host a drink to you!
Ernie, thanks again for your work to put together this great concept of a show!
Here is my last bowl for the show, fusing Spanish style bowls but with a more PNG and "crude" earthy style to that approach. Blue you ask, using the Motu water pots as reference for color choices, which are stained with mangrove bark and take on hues of blue, purple and lavender.Dry ice goes in the faces on the side.
once again, just a quick ipod camera snap, camera kinda seems to muddle the look a bit

cheers!

View Profile of OceaOtica Send a personal message to OceaOtica  Email OceaOtica Goto the website of OceaOtica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 4:47 pm   Permalink

Wow WoW WOW!!! You guys are blowin' my mind! Rocka, love yer stuff... the coconut mugs are killer! Wendy, that Pele is awesome... Cass, the hot tub and PNG bowl came out great!

FInally, all of my ceramics are done!

Here's the Stockton Islander:

The Cassowary:

The Tapa Bowl:

Here's details of the firechamber tikis:

Have a few more things to post when I get a chance!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 4:56 pm   Permalink

Great works, Eric!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 7:03 pm   Permalink

Thanks ATP! Glad you like!
Here are some new drawings I'll have at my booth:

Bahooka: Floats and Jetsam

8x10 colored pencil on black paper

Rufus and Friends

8x10 colored pencil on black paper

Rufus and Tiki

5x7 colored pencil on black paper

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-02 8:59 pm   Permalink

Eric, Mahalo Tiki has an envelope for you. I love the Islander bowl and the Cassowary bowl and all the rest too. Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation