FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars TamTiki's LeiLo Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
TamTiki's LeiLo Lounge
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 02:11 am   Permalink

Really coming together!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lodge 9
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-29 07:01 am   Permalink

Wow, Looking great! The router work looks good. I am in the market for a router, would you mind sharing the make and model of yours? are you using Pine? Thanks, and keep it going!

View Profile of Lodge 9 Send a personal message to Lodge 9  Email Lodge 9     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-29 09:25 am   Permalink

Thanks ATP!

Quote:

On 2013-01-29 07:01, Lodge 9 wrote:
Wow, Looking great! The router work looks good. I am in the market for a router, would you mind sharing the make and model of yours? are you using Pine? Thanks, and keep it going!

I just took Monkeyman's advise and picked up this one

http://www.ryobitools.com/catalog/power_tools/router_rotary/RE180PL

and I bought good bits from Lee Valley
The 1x8 and 1x12 is pine, the rest is spruce i think.

Thanks for lookin

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 4:43 pm   Permalink

Dagg,

I didn't even know there were variable speed routers! Mine's too fast I think. I'd love to slow it down. I use whatever's lying around for practice. Mostly Aspen, I think it is, really pale in color. Is that good or bad?

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 7:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-30 16:43, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Dagg,

I didn't even know there were variable speed routers! Mine's too fast I think. I'd love to slow it down. I use whatever's lying around for practice. Mostly Aspen, I think it is, really pale in color. Is that good or bad?

I'm by no means an expert on this but the more I think about it, the more I think it might be dull bits. Mine are brand new lee valley bits, and it's like a hot knife through butter.. Are you using old bits?

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 8:59 pm   Permalink

All my bits are old!........oh, you mean router bits, carry on then....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-30 20:59, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
All my bits are old!.......

Like too old to function properly old? that sucks dude.

Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 3:07 pm   Permalink

Its great that we can all inspire eachothers work.
Nicely done.

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 3:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 15:07, Monkeyman wrote:
Its great that we can all inspire eachothers work.
Nicely done.

and that the fine people of Papua New Guinea can inspire us all as well.

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:37 pm   Permalink

Dagg,

My bits are brand new. I'm sure the equipment is fine, it's the operator!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 16:37, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Dagg,

My bits are brand new. I'm sure the equipment is fine, it's the operator!

I dont know Lori, Im at a loss.... Sorry

ToddVegas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 11:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That's the sign, I got rid of it for a while but put it back up somewhere else because i like it...and its the reason Im here... Im sure Ill get rid of it eventually, but for now its staying! and so is the TV!

If YOU like that tiki bar sign, then keep it up for good! Same with your TV! You're creating your bar... Make it what YOU want it to be. I love Tiki Central, but don't ever let anyone here convince you something isn't "tiki enough". The original tiki bars were very inaccurate representations of Polynesia. Today's tiki bars are mostly inaccurate representations of those original tiki bars... And it's all good! It's about fun, friends, having a good time, and dreaming of island paradises. It is NOT about stressing over whether some random person on the Internet thinks something you like is "tiki enough", or historically accurate.

I have a tiki-themed home recording studio in progress, and I have one of those tiki-faced guitar plaques (that people on this forum pan) displayed proudly on my wall. I love it, because 1) it was a gift from my brother, and 2) because it combines tiki and guitars... Two of my favorite things! Make your space into your own interpretation of an island paradise! If you ask me, yours looks great so far!

Don't get me wrong... There is nothing wrong with going for historical accuracy, if that's what you're into. But if you like kicking back with the tv on, and looking at the sign that reminds you of your trip to Hawaii, I say more power to you!

[ This Message was edited by: ToddVegas 2013-01-31 23:17 ]

View Profile of ToddVegas Send a personal message to ToddVegas      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 4:46 pm   Permalink

I hear ya Todd

cheers

Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 5:16 pm   Permalink

making a lamp..

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-02 7:25 pm   Permalink

Go dagg go
Yo skills are a showin strong

Ps- I have a TV in my tiki room, where else would I watch my Gilligan's Island DVDs...

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation