[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Birdbath
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Birdbath
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 4:26 pm   Permalink

I thought some of you might be interested in this:

http://www.lowes.com/pd_396601-1570-02-917013ES_0__?productId=3881159&Ntt=tiki+birdbath&pl=1&currentURL=%3FNtt%3Dtiki%2Bbirdbath&facetInfo=

The picture on the site isn't a jpeg so I couldn't upload it.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 4:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-30 16:26, LoriLovesTiki wrote:

The picture on the site isn't a jpeg so I couldn't upload it.

here ya go

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 6:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Dagg!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-30 7:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-30 18:42, LoriLovesTiki wrote:
Thanks Dagg!

You're welcome

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 09:32 am   Permalink

Cute, not available anywhere around me (SoCal). Does it show available for either of you?

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 10:04 am   Permalink

Yes, it shows available for me with local pickup. I was going to go to my local Lowes to see it in person before I purchased it. I'm in New Jersey.

EDIT: Although it said I could get it as soon as today when I actually tried to put it in my cart all my local stores are showing as unavailable. So I emailed them!

[ This Message was edited by: LoriLovesTiki 2013-02-01 10:11 ]

Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-01 10:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 09:32, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Cute, not available anywhere around me (SoCal). Does it show available for either of you?

I love that. It would be great additional to our little backyard. Except they don't ship and there aren't any in the San Diego area either. Boo!

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-01 10:28 am   Permalink

They're heavy, so it's not easy for someone on TC to pack one up and ship it to you. But they do look decently good. We noticed that without the birdbath top attached, they could also work as inexpensive tiki statuary for your yard.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-01 10:36 am   Permalink

I just saw that they have some available in Yuma. Kind of far just to go to Lowe's, but at least the dogs would enjoy the ride.

View Profile of Miss Hell Send a personal message to Miss Hell  Goto the website of Miss Hell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 1:59 pm   Permalink

Hmmm! That's not half bad & it's in stock at the Lowe's the next town over from me.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:08 pm   Permalink

Oh, Yuma has Picacho State Park and some great desert scenery along the river. Yes, a long trip, but you can make it very enjoyable by doing some things while you're in the area. It's been many years since I've been there. A tiki would be more than enough to make me go there again... And real Mexican food which is hard to find out here in Florida.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 10:09, Miss Hell wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-02-01 09:32, Loki-Tiki wrote:

I love that. It would be great additional to our little backyard. Except they don't ship and there aren't any in the San Diego area either. Boo!

Armstrong Nursery usually stocks up on concrete tiki lawn ornaments in the Spring. They've had tiki bird baths in years past. Roger's Gardens in Corona de Mar has also had them. Neither place is cheap though.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Miss Hell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-01 3:20 pm   Permalink

Thank you for the head's up, Lori. There are a few Armstrong's around us here in San Diego. I'll have to take a jaunt over there come spring and see what sort of lawn adornments I can find.

Ace - Yuma is about 2-3 hours east of me. We were there for Thanksgiving and I really enjoyed seeing the history. We went to an old ghost town and walked around in the afternoon. I'd to make a trip even further east and see the Grand Canyon.

[ This Message was edited by: Miss Hell 2013-02-01 15:23 ]

Ohmsford

Posted: 2013-02-21 10:14 am   Permalink

Thanks Lori, I will definitely be looking out for this. I am desperate for tiki items to decorate my backyard. I refuse to buy anything gaudy or cheesy. This looks like a good piece.

I live in Northern NJ which is a Tiki wasteland, except for Lee's Hawaiian Islander, close by in Lyndhurst, NJ.

Was in local K-Mart the other day and I see they have a new 3' tall Friki Tiki statue, but it's expensive @ $70 and plastic looking.

Ohmsford

View Profile of Ohmsford Send a personal message to Ohmsford  Email Ohmsford Goto the website of Ohmsford     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-21 10:52 am   Permalink

At my local Lowes last night, 2/20/2013, I found they had three tiki items which I have not seen before:

1) Stand-alone concrete tiki without the bird bath top, $39. Looks pretty good!
2) A trio of tikis made into a three-tier stand-alone water feature, $149. Looks kinda cheesy, like they were trying too hard, but it is fun. Could be used as a planter if you don't mind the high price.
3) A trio of bamboo, made to look lashed together, and in a three-tier stand-alone water feature. Looks pretty good, might go very well in a corner of your bar.

I'll post pics later when I get 'em out of my phone. The concrete tiki looks good, weighs about 40 pounds, beige/tan in color, and seems like it could easily be stained to look darker if you'd like.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation