[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Birdbath
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Birdbath
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 4:03 pm   Permalink

I'm hoping that the Lowe's in NJ will get the concrete tiki without the top. I'd get one of those too. I keep stalking my local availability on the birdbath but so far it's not available. A coworker inquired and it's supposed to come in during March so I'll start stopping in the store soon as not to miss it.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-22 09:59 am   Permalink

Here are pics of the tiki and bamboo fountains currently for sale in my local Lowe's deep in the jungle of Jacksonville, Florida:

Tiki Fountain:

Bamboo Fountain:

Again, the tiki is kinda cheesy. The bamboo fountain is actually decent looking. My Lowe's store does a nice job with real bamboo backgrounds to showcase their yard fountains and things.

I didn't get a photo of the tiki statue, but I went back and bought one and will take a pic and post later.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ohmsford

Posted: 2013-05-23 09:35 am   Permalink

I was visiting my local Lowes in NJ the other night and stumbled upon this Tiki Birdbath. I actually was looking for it when I first read this post and never found any local store that carried it. I actually forgot about it until I saw it the other night. We went back last night and snagged the only one. It is in 2 pieces, made of concrete colored by a stain sealer of some sort. Really, really heavy!!.

It now resides in the middle of our tropical area in the backyard, looking fantastic!

I have been wanting to get a Tiki statue for a long time but there aren't any places near me that have them. We have been to the NJ Shore, where there are a couple of places that sell hand carved statues. I can't bring myself to spend the $100 for a 4 foot tall, 4 inch dia. statue that has either airbrushed highlights, looks like the Rolling Stones tongue, buck teeth, or all three.

I am a big offender to the purist Tiki theme in our backyard. As much as I want to keep a purely Tiki theme, I have no choice as there is not much local selection of Tiki items, nor can I afford a lot of what I want. This has resulted in a mixture of Tiki, Nautical, Pirate, and Margaritaville themes. I state this now as when I decide to post some backyard pics, I don't want the purists ripping me for violating the Tiki Code.

The Lowes birdbath has a classic Tiki / Hawaiian look. It really helps bringing the backyard more in to the Tiki feel.

[ This Message was edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:43 ]

View Profile of Ohmsford Send a personal message to Ohmsford  Email Ohmsford Goto the website of Ohmsford     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 6:44 pm   Permalink

I got one too and it's REALLY heavy. I'll have to take a picture this weekend and post it.

Omsford, in the spirit of full disclosure I need to admit that I am the owner of a couple of taky Jersey Shore tikis. :::::hanging head in shame::::::::::

In my defense there's nothing else available around here and I bought them before I discovered TC and error of my ways! But they still make me smile. But I vow to buy only brown ones for now on.....

I hope we can still be friends.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 27 days ago; 06:33 am   Permalink

Quite a while back I mentioned that I'd post a pic of concrete tiki statues for sale at Lowe's. I took a photo yesterday and posted it below. While not as good as what you'd get from a *real* wooden tiki carver from our TC community of carvers, this guy is solid concrete, weather resistant, and also very heavy which discourages theft.

He's 21 inches high and, for $35, is not a bad deal. You could stain or paint him to look darker. (Or you could/should buy a real wooden tiki from one of the carvers here on TC.) I bought one of these concrete guys to put on my front porch where he gets good visibility from the street and, therefore, could eventually be stolen. If someone does steal him, then they will have a bit of huffing and puffing to do to get this heavy thing back to their frat house. If that happens, then I hope I get the satisfaction of seeing them drag him off *and* drop him onto their toes once or twice along the way, ha!

(Edited to correct the height to 21" in my text.)

[ This Message was edited by: AceExplorer 2014-07-02 07:10 ]

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 26 days ago; 6:10 pm   Permalink

wow, didn't know to get a damn bird bath required a road trip, a cooler, change of clothes and 100s of dollars of gas!!! lol

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 25 days ago; 05:48 am   Permalink

Yes, but you have to be really hard-core! hahaha...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation