[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Birdbath
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Birdbath
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 4:03 pm   Permalink

I'm hoping that the Lowe's in NJ will get the concrete tiki without the top. I'd get one of those too. I keep stalking my local availability on the birdbath but so far it's not available. A coworker inquired and it's supposed to come in during March so I'll start stopping in the store soon as not to miss it.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-22 09:59 am   Permalink

Here are pics of the tiki and bamboo fountains currently for sale in my local Lowe's deep in the jungle of Jacksonville, Florida:

Tiki Fountain:

Bamboo Fountain:

Again, the tiki is kinda cheesy. The bamboo fountain is actually decent looking. My Lowe's store does a nice job with real bamboo backgrounds to showcase their yard fountains and things.

I didn't get a photo of the tiki statue, but I went back and bought one and will take a pic and post later.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ohmsford

Posted: 2013-05-23 09:35 am   Permalink

I was visiting my local Lowes in NJ the other night and stumbled upon this Tiki Birdbath. I actually was looking for it when I first read this post and never found any local store that carried it. I actually forgot about it until I saw it the other night. We went back last night and snagged the only one. It is in 2 pieces, made of concrete colored by a stain sealer of some sort. Really, really heavy!!.

It now resides in the middle of our tropical area in the backyard, looking fantastic!

I have been wanting to get a Tiki statue for a long time but there aren't any places near me that have them. We have been to the NJ Shore, where there are a couple of places that sell hand carved statues. I can't bring myself to spend the $100 for a 4 foot tall, 4 inch dia. statue that has either airbrushed highlights, looks like the Rolling Stones tongue, buck teeth, or all three.

I am a big offender to the purist Tiki theme in our backyard. As much as I want to keep a purely Tiki theme, I have no choice as there is not much local selection of Tiki items, nor can I afford a lot of what I want. This has resulted in a mixture of Tiki, Nautical, Pirate, and Margaritaville themes. I state this now as when I decide to post some backyard pics, I don't want the purists ripping me for violating the Tiki Code.

The Lowes birdbath has a classic Tiki / Hawaiian look. It really helps bringing the backyard more in to the Tiki feel.

[ This Message was edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:42 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Ohmsford 2013-05-23 09:43 ]

View Profile of Ohmsford Send a personal message to Ohmsford  Email Ohmsford Goto the website of Ohmsford     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 6:44 pm   Permalink

I got one too and it's REALLY heavy. I'll have to take a picture this weekend and post it.

Omsford, in the spirit of full disclosure I need to admit that I am the owner of a couple of taky Jersey Shore tikis. :::::hanging head in shame::::::::::

In my defense there's nothing else available around here and I bought them before I discovered TC and error of my ways! But they still make me smile. But I vow to buy only brown ones for now on.....

I hope we can still be friends.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation