FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Chows Restaurant - Dorval, QC, Canada - Open for business!, Dorval, Quebec, Canada (restaurant)

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Chows Restaurant - Dorval, QC, Canada - Open for business!, Dorval, Quebec, Canada (restaurant)
Mrs. Pulu

Posted: 2013-02-03 12:14 pm   Permalink

Name:Chows Restaurant - Dorval, QC, Canada - Open for business!
Type:restaurant
Street:335 Avenue Dorval
City:Dorval, Quebec (Suburb of Montreal)
State:
Zip:H9S 3H6
Phone:514) 636-4770

Description:
This little place has been a fixture in my hometown for over 50 years. Nothing fancy, but they have a decent little buffet for $6.50 and great Chinese takeout! Lots of Tiki-goodness inside including bamboo walls, Polynesian textiles, and beautiful, ornate Polynesian style hanging lamps. I asked one of the waiters about the light fixtures and he said they came from a company that doesn't exist anymore. The pictures are blurry and don't do them justice. They really are glowing works of art with bits of colored glass, shells, wicker and bamboo.

These photos were taken at noon on a winter day so the lighting isn't as nice and cozy as it would be at night. I LOVE the Tiki door handle leading into the restaurant. You have to grab it by the mouth to pull the door open, something my friend distinctly remembers doing as a kid.

[ This Message was edited by: Mrs. Pulu 2013-02-03 12:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Mrs. Pulu 2013-02-03 12:19 ]

View Profile of Mrs. Pulu Send a personal message to Mrs. Pulu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation