FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Who still uses film?
Who still uses film?
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-10 01:14 am   Permalink

As I sit here in Eastman Kodaks Data Center at 4am, I think about how many of us who burned through film and SLR's during films heyday, still keep a film camera around. I have a large collection of old Nikon & Retina cameras that I'll be thining out as I save up for a downpayment on a place down south, but plan on keeping at least one Nikon SLR to shoot film. How about you? Do you still have that camera bag ready to go, but like me grab the digital!

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-10 4:42 pm   Permalink

Rocky, I Had a drawerful of cameras including my favorite, a Konica slr that I purchased at the PX while in S/E Asia and a complete Poloroid land camera (C. 1983) kit. bags lenses, filters, the whole enchilada. In recent years, while searching for vintage tiki, I have snagged a few "box" cameras(C.20's). My granddaughter got interested in film cameras in her last year of H. S. I gave her couple of nice slr's, the Poloroid,and a Kodak Box camera. She likes the "look" of her film pix as opposed to digital pix. So do I but my GD scared me with what she pays for film and processing. Unfortunately, Her college doe's not offer any class's in photography but there are a lot of clubs there, including a photography club that has a darkroom.
Back to your question.I have a of bunch of film cameras gathering dust and no plans on buying film.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-10 5:01 pm   Permalink

Had a Konica too (FS1) that served me faithfully for years. When finally died I eBayed it for parts and got a Cannon digital SLR. I'm sure there are people who prefer film but for my strictly amateur use, digital is so much better.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-11 11:26 am   Permalink

I still have my vintage Yashica Electro 35 GSN. It had belonged to my dad. The thing is built like a tank and is as heavy as one too. It took great pictures.
Alas, I have switched to using mostly my cell phone to take pics now. I don't even use the multiple digital cameras I've got.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-12 8:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoddess
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:34 pm   Permalink

I have to chime in here. I still use 35mm film. I like it. I do not like digital cameras. I am a luddite and I like taking snap shots with my old camera. I have a digital camera but really only use it for ebay. I am proudly stating my preference for film.

View Profile of TikiGoddess Send a personal message to TikiGoddess      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation