Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Introducing the Foxy Boxy Lounge
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Introducing the Foxy Boxy Lounge
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 6:59 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 19:27, cyndigo wrote:
This is all so gorgeous! Now I really MUST get at least one tiki mug. Where do you find them? I haunted thrift stores on Saturday, but no love.

Cyndi, Overlook nothing in a thrift store. It's common to find the taller mugs mixed in with vases-the "mugs" are usually with the coffee mugs. Find them with the "Dustcatchers" (ceramic figures,souvenirs,memento's, etc.). I've found them among dish-ware, toys, store display's, even found one in a purse. One of my favorites had a plastic bouquet glued in it.
Lot's more tip's will follow from our fellow TC'ers.
Cheers, and good hunting

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-15 9:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 19:27, cyndigo wrote:
This is all so gorgeous! Now I really MUST get at least one tiki mug. Where do you find them? I haunted thrift stores on Saturday, but no love.

Thanks cyndigo - we haunt the thrift shops, antique stores and of course when we wanna drop some cash ebay And as Umi said- keep your eyes out everywhere in the thrift shops. I know lots of the antique booth people around here haunt them too, so it's a right time, right place kinda thing.

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-15 9:59 pm   Permalink

After checking out the Rattan thread and seeing people's rattan fish tanks I got in a " I GOTTA HAVE ONE!" mood. Amazingly enough haunting craigslist for about a month - I found one! After some trials and tribulations in obtaining the piece, discovering that my leak fix I thought worked didn't after it was full of water and rocks inside the house and general pain in the buttness dealing with it - we decided to go with a faux terrarium / tiki display.

The curtains are Shag Hulikai Fabric. (Another finished project!).

We did end up getting a fish tank to hold fish too - but that's photos & a saga for another day - not quite done with that area yet.

Thanks to everyone for their ongoing encouragement!

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Philot
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-16 08:04 am   Permalink

Neat idea on re-purposing the fish tank as a display case! Well executed, too.

View Profile of Philot Send a personal message to Philot      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VinylGeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-16 2:05 pm   Permalink

Your fish tank looks amazing, great job!

View Profile of VinylGeek Send a personal message to VinylGeek  Email VinylGeek Goto the website of VinylGeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-16 4:09 pm   Permalink

Not sure how I missed this thread originally. Great job on the bar.

You have a wonderful collection of mid-century stuff and are pulling it all together in one cool, swank place.

Love what you did with the fishtank. Those old fishtanks (be it rattan or not) can be a really hassle. I think your decision to turn it into display was great.

Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-16 8:05 pm   Permalink

Strong work
Two tiki thumbs up

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-16 8:19 pm   Permalink

Fish tank looks fabulous...what a wonderful little home for those mugs to live in.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thurston Howell IV
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-21 6:57 pm   Permalink

That tiki mug terrarium is great. I want one!

Great work.

View Profile of Thurston Howell IV Send a personal message to Thurston Howell IV  Email Thurston Howell IV     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-01 10:04 pm   Permalink

We moved to a new place in January - with more room for tiki! Here's a few pictures of the new space

There's actually a fireplace behind this shelf - but we needed more wall space

Jane the bartender has since gotten a new dress... but our light up bar back wasn't as much as a pain to put up the second time!

Our back gate needed to be sanded and painted - but we gave it a quick tiki makeover instead.

Housewarming gift my mom found in Costa Rica

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-02 7:06 pm   Permalink

WOW...you sure did pull it together well. Nice gift from the Mother Unit.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-06 09:07 am   Permalink

Beautiful new space. Shame you had to cover that fireplace, but I completely understand needing wall space.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation