FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 9:00 pm   Permalink

The mugs look like the Terracotta Army of Emperor Qin Shi Huang.

[ This Message was edited by: MaukaHale 2013-06-11 21:03 ]

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-11 9:49 pm   Permalink

The Blue Kahuna I like that comment.

MaukaHale I actually had been thinking about that and wondered if in a prior life one of us event mug makers was there.

This is fun, thank you, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-11 10:06 pm   Permalink

Dan...we never knew you had such a cute bum...and soon we will be able to admire it in our own homes!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-13 9:27 pm   Permalink

Not only that Vamp, he said I could include a card that allows each purchaser to give him a verification squeeze!

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 4:49 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3435

The first bisque fired load is out of the kiln. None cracked so on with the show! Wendy

#39 and #40 are now drying in the shed.

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-06-16 15:19 ]

tabo 64

Posted: 2013-06-16 8:22 pm   Permalink

My wife and I First time crawler

View Profile of tabo 64 Send a personal message to tabo 64  Email tabo 64     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 9:35 pm   Permalink

Welcome Tabo 64. Did you draw that tiki and car? That's good art. Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-18 2:16 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3450

More steps of the production of the crawl mug posted on my thread. One mug at a time. Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 11:32 am   Permalink

2010, 2011, 2012 and the clay sculpt of 2013 which cast will be a bit smaller. Even still it is twice the size of last years mug and four times as heavy. Start lifting weights now so you can carry it on the crawl to drink from! Cheers, Wendy

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-19 4:26 pm   Permalink

Oh My. That's HUGE!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-20 4:05 pm   Permalink

Enormous greatness!

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-30 08:56 am   Permalink

Huge and heavy. I'll have to weigh one when it is full of drink. I hope it will last in collections forever. I'm done pouring and now I'm sanding and bisque firing. When that's all done the glazing tests will begin. That will be fun.

Cheers, Wendy

Yesterday before the heat spiked.

Dan dusts.

Load number 2 fired last night. One more to go for bisque firing. It will take more than 3 when I glaze them. They can't touch or lie on their sides.

The molds are put away. Step one of pouring is finished.

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 1:30 pm   Permalink

2nd to last batch out of the kiln

washed and

ready to go into the house for glazing.

Sanding the last bunch.

Only three left to sand tomorrow and then the last batch will bisque fire.

I am so happy to be this far along. These are so big and heavy that it takes a lot more to do them.
We are looking forward to the crawl. VampiressRN-Marlene you have made up a terrific schedule like last year. I sure hope you can make it to all the stops. We want to keep hugging you and saying thank you for taking this on.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 10:59 am   Permalink

Then entire run of 50 plus the extras for glaze tests have been bisque fired.
I didn't have any problems with any of these huge and heavy mugs. Now if glazing
will go so well we'll be really happy.

Cheers to VampiressRN for the work of running the crawl first thought up by Psycho Tiki D.
We have great leaders in Sacramento! Wendy

Brenda's Tiki Hut
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 4:29 pm   Permalink

Very festive table cloth! The mugs look fabulous. You are doing great! Mahalo for all your long hours toiling away so we can sip in style.

View Profile of Brenda's Tiki Hut Send a personal message to Brenda's Tiki Hut  Email Brenda's Tiki Hut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation