FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Crawl Pictures Page 8-Oct 11/12/13 Sacramento Cap City Tiki Crawl (map of tour)
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-14 4:42 pm   Permalink

Yes indeed...kudos to both of you for another wonderful Sac Crawl mug to adorn our collections. These just get better and better every year.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-07-24 9:23 pm   Permalink

Moai Mike I added you to the list. Thank you.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-01 3:43 pm   Permalink

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=38423&forum=18&start=3705

I put some AP/Glaze test step by steps on my thread above with more detail. I did five with different numbers of layers. It's getting closer. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 3:50 pm   Permalink

I love that plate you have in the kiln too!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 8:41 pm   Permalink

Thank you Vamp, it came out just right this time.

Opening the kiln after firing.

Close-up of the mugs in the kiln.

Just for you Vamp, the bowl.

The front.

The back.

This is going to be an awesome crawl, thank you VampiressRN aka Marlene.

Cheers, Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-08-04 10:27 ]

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-03 10:07 pm   Permalink

Those look awesome Wendy. I kinda like the dark one and then I don't think it needs to have any color on the writing...but JMHO...I am happy with whatever you do.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-04 10:26 am   Permalink

Thank you Marlene, I think we will go with your suggestion of the dark brown. The price is $70 each for the run of 50. Shipping will be added for those not attending the crawl.

They will be all Espresso brown, big and heavy.

Here's one with the peanut mug to show size. The mug weighs almost 4 pounds.

Cheers, Wendy

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-05 5:56 pm   Permalink

A few more attempts to get a good photo of the mug. Cheers, Wendy

With flash.

Without flash.

With Flash.

Without Flash.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 1:34 pm   Permalink

Joanne and Jama are crawling.

TikiHula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 2:59 pm   Permalink

Wow - excellent job on the mug Wendy and Dan! Thanks so much for making these great mugs every year!

View Profile of TikiHula Send a personal message to TikiHula  Email TikiHula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-12 5:59 pm   Permalink

Polynesian Paddy and I are hoping to attend the crawl this year. I am going only so Wendy doesn't have ship my mug to me (-:}. Does anyone have any suggestions for a decent hotel or motel in the area? Maybe something close the last stop of each days tour? We are really looking forward to it. If we make it it will be the fourth tiki event this summer we have attended; Hukilau in June, Tiki Kon in July, Tiki Oasis in August and the Sacamento Crawl in October! This is the year of the tiki!

Moai Mike

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Moai Mike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-25 10:50 am   Permalink

Polynesian Paddy and I have just booked our airfare and are looking for hotel rooms if anyone has any suggestions!

View Profile of Moai Mike Send a personal message to Moai Mike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-25 1:41 pm   Permalink

Holiday Inn Express on Laguna Blvd, Elk Grove. In case there are two this is the one next to highway 99. We are around 6 miles from there. We are so glad you are coming to this wonderful event. Cheers, Wendy

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-26 8:06 pm   Permalink

We have had some changes to the crawl so they are in the original post on page 1. Hope you can make it to Sacramento for our crawl...we are looking forward to hosting our fellow Tikiphiles. Keep an eye on that post for updates.

[ This Message was edited by: VampiressRN 2013-08-26 20:08 ]

Kalu

Posted: 2013-08-27 9:33 pm   Permalink

I hope it's not too late, but Kalu and Mrs Kalu (aka Dru and Julie) are hoping to attend the tiki crawl in some capacity. It will be our first crawl, so we'd welcome any guidelines on etiquette, suggestions, etc.

Btw, if there are any extra tiki mugs for this crawl, I'd like to buy one.

Mahalo!

[ This Message was edited by: Kalu 2013-08-27 21:34 ]

View Profile of Kalu Send a personal message to Kalu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation