FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LeRoy Schmaltz Featured Artiest Feb 2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
LeRoy Schmaltz Featured Artiest Feb 2013
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-20 11:18 am   Permalink

My brother and I discussed the ingredients to a cucumber based rum cocktail drink for Leroy's Happy hour. Last night he came up with the right balance. On Saturday, PolyPop and Tiki Diablo will let us know if he did. Hope to have more TC'ers show up. See you at the art show.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-20 4:31 pm   Permalink

Thanks for putting me on the spot. If the "Tiki Nui Cup" is a dud, you can take the credit.
Getting back on track- I am anxious to see Leroy's latest. Had a great time at Leroy's Whittier show last fall.

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 9:33 pm   Permalink

Is Leroy raffling any of his pieces this show?

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 1:36 pm   Permalink

Awesome show. Leroy has lots of items on display and some for sale. HB Tiki (Roger) was first to buy one of Leroy's original works. Great buy Roger.

TikiVato

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-22 3:16 pm   Permalink

leroy's art is awesome. Here's an art card and pix of two of my favorites from today's show. Many more to follow but right now i gotta nap.
cheers

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 1:14 pm   Permalink

Snuck over to this show this a.m. . Crazy!!! LeRoy has it packed to the gills with awesome abstract art/sculpture!! If you haven't gone already, go!!! Here are my 3 favorite pics out of many!!

Zoom in to the center of the pic

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 3:28 pm   Permalink

A remarkable man... great friend, legend!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine

Posted: 2013-02-23 4:13 pm   Permalink

iBuenos Suerte to LeRoy from Puerto Vallarta!! We wish we could be there for this show

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 8:58 pm   Permalink

Be there or be square! The breadth of Leroy's work at this show is amazing. Only on for one more day, tomorrow, Sunday, from 11:00 - 5:00. Revel in the artistic horn-of-plenty of the last active Tiki carver of the Golden age of Tiki!

There are not only his classic Marquesans, but Oceanic art of every origin and size...

...from crazy...

...to cool...

...and all under the roof of a great modernist church...

...with a Leroy-carved canoe in front of the altar:

(for tomorrow's 10:00 o'clock sermon)

The front foyer of the church shows some amazing pieces of Leroy's non-Tiki art..

Stuff that would look good in any modernist living room:

There are many more pieces to see here, PLUS, in the building next to the church...

...there is a whole nother gallery with Leroy's paintings and wall carvings!:

I even found a photo of the Moai which Leroy carved in my front yard in situ in 1993

I must say I was totally bowled over by the amount and quality of your work, Leroy!

Thank you for the eye candy overload!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-23 9:50 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, everyone for your complementary comments. I've had fun talking with everyone that has come by the show. (Rev. Bamboo Ben must of slipped on in and out with an invisible cloak) You will most likely find me in the hall -featured artist room. There is one more day- serves at the church 10:00 am -with my art as an illustration -anyone welcome. Doors for show open at 11:30 - 5:00 hope to see you there.
We had a good time at TikiVato's cocktail party Sat night thanks for the invite and tie-in to my show. My wife, daughter and I had a nice time and enjoyed the conversation with all. Pupus, drinks and music and don't forget the key-lime cake (We won't! - Who has the recipe?) I had the pleasure of talking with Chris Nichols (LA. Magazine) at the show and invited him to the party as well.

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Carver King 2013-02-23 22:02 ]

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 09:22 am   Permalink

I just wanted to bring this to the top one more time this Sunday morning, while people still have a chance to go and see the show. And buy something, it's gonna go up in price! If there ever was an exhibition that could be called a complete overview/retrospective (style-wise) of a Tiki artist's/sculptor's work, this is it! Leroy will exhibit in the future, but he really poured his heart and sweat into this one.

I greatly regret that my schedule did not permit me to take part in the afternoon's cocktail reception, it would have been great to see everybody.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 10:25 am   Permalink

So who's going today? Please post more pictures...

TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 10:51 am   Permalink

Indeed Sven, Leroy is a great Artist, a greater Man. It's a beautiful day to go the Festival of Arts and see Leroy's amazing work and purchase a part of history.
It was an honor to host a reception for Leroy and his family. Here's a few pictures of the happy hour:

TikiVato

tikilongbeach
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 11:30 am   Permalink

I'll be going later this afternoon.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:00 pm   Permalink

WoW, I truly wish I could see the show in person...thanks for the pics. Leroy, your art is "over the top" mind blowing impressive! OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation