FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events LeRoy Schmaltz Featured Artiest Feb 2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
LeRoy Schmaltz Featured Artiest Feb 2013
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:06 pm   Permalink

Thank you for the photos, more please.

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-24 12:26 pm   Permalink

Here's a few I took yesterday.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 06:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-23 21:50, Tiki Carver King wrote:
(Rev. Bamboo Ben must of slipped on in and out with an invisible cloak)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 06:59 am   Permalink

p.s. Would be great if someone here could build you (Leroy) an Online Gallery for everyone to see your stuff!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 09:21 am   Permalink

The show was great and Leroy's work is incredible! Thank you also to Tiki Vato and Nui Umi Umi for hosting the after-party at Tiki Nui -- a most fabulous space. What a great day and evening it was!

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 10:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 05:56, Hale Tiki wrote:
I didn't know until now that you did non-tiki related art.
Very interesting!

Shame they don't have the featured artists online for those who can't make it.

Good luck!

HT here are some of the pix I took. I''ll try not to post stuff already posted. More tomorrow.

g/50848x512c4ef3.jpg[/img]

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TwoChordTom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-25 11:28 pm   Permalink

Thanks so much for spreading the word on this great event. We went yesterday and were lucky enough to be able to attend LeRoy's mini-seminar and fell in love with a few paintings that found their way back home with us. Shown here is Tiki Dan with his favorite painting by his favorite artist. What a great day.

View Profile of TwoChordTom Send a personal message to TwoChordTom      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-25 11:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-25 23:28, TwoChordTom wrote:
Thanks so much for spreading the word on this great event. We went yesterday and were lucky enough to be able to attend LeRoy's mini-seminar and fell in love with a few paintings that found their way back home with us. Shown here is Tiki Dan with his favorite painting by his favorite artist. What a great day.

I was there also with my wife. great to see the enthusiasm in you young-ums. Nice piece you bought.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 11:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-25 09:21, PolynesianPop wrote:
The show was great and Leroy's work is incredible! Thank you also to Tiki Vato and Nui Umi Umi for hosting the after-party at Tiki Nui -- a most fabulous space. What a great day and evening it was!

Adrian, The party to honor Leroy was TikiVato's idea and he did all the work to bring it to fruition. My wife and I were guests. Joe and I collaborated on the "new" cocktail, the Tiki Nui Cup and I baked the Key Lime Cake but that was the extent of my contributions. It was indeed a great evening!
Here's a few mo pix for HT.
Cheers

Tony Montero entertained with a great selection of "standards" and in addition to singing he's a master of the clarinet, tenor sax, and baritone sax. Tony can be heard 2-3 times a week at "Javis Paradise", a new tiki-surf bar just south of Rosarito Beach, Baja California. Tony commutes between there and the No Hollywood area frequently.

Guest of honor and his wife, the lovely Vivian at TV's post show party at Tiki Nui.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 2:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-13 05:56, Hale Tiki wrote:
I didn't know until now that you did non-tiki related art.
Very interesting!

Shame they don't have the featured artists online for those who can't make it.

Good luck!

HT, I got an 'art card" signed by leroy I want to mail to ya. PM me with your mailing address and i'll send it asap.
Here's a couple mo pix.
this is the card I wiil send you.

Leroy and Polypop

Lft to rht, Tikivato (Joe), HBtiki (Roger), Leroy , and yours truly at Leroy's party after the Saturday show..

Cheers

Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-27 8:39 pm   Permalink

Mahalo, just wanted to give a shout out to TikiVato & nui 'umi 'umi --- Thanks for all the help taking and putting away all my art for the show. I know it was many, many truckloads and hours of time. I would of been lost without your generosity (well I would of been really-really tired!) Bring the tiki-pumpkins by to get signed anytime. Danny, Chacho, and the Johnsons thanks for your help too!
Look for a posting of a show I am doing in July. I'll get the info out as soon as it is finalized.

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Carver King
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-27 8:49 pm   Permalink

Here are a few more pics

Up close and personal

SMILE!

View Profile of Tiki Carver King Send a personal message to Tiki Carver King      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 9:32 pm   Permalink

You are very welcome Leroy! Here is a pic showing the detail on the back of that tiki pic that is captioned "smile". The next pic shows that same guy next to his braddah from another muddah in my tiki sitting room. I was fortunate to get to the show early Friday (1rst day of show) and my tikiqueen bought him for me.
Now if i can just figure out how to smash tikivato's pumpkin... hee,hee....

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-27 9:41 pm   Permalink

A humbling and amazing body of work Tiki Carver King, you are one of the few true tiki artists!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-24 10:42 am   Permalink

Awesome bunch of work Leroy, Really wish I could have been there. People don't realize how much art you have produced over the years, Thanks for still hanging on to the old ways. Much Respect coming your way.

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation