FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:00 pm   Permalink

I just got off the phone with Suzanne Schneiders of the Bahooka and I'm sorry to say that our beloved Bahooka Restaurant is closing their doors. They do plan on keeping the name for a line of goods to be sold in supermarket settings. Well, sad news aside, Suzanne asked that I let you all know and that furthermore, they are selling off all of the many items throughout the establishment that aren't "glued to the walls". The Bahooka is located at 4501 N. Rosemead Blvd in Rosemead, CA and their tel is (626) 285-1241.

I think we all should collectively plan a night to visit the Bahooka to celebrate their significant history in this thing that we love called Tiki. If somebody would like to plan that out and start that thread, that'd be great!

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:03 pm   Permalink

NNNNNN NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo!!!!

Say it isn't so!!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-02-15 12:04 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:21 pm   Permalink

Aaaaaaaaaargh! That SUCKS!

They were my closest neighborhood Tiki bar for many years. And now I'm up here in Portland, so I probably won't get to visit one last time.

Somebody grab me one of those red plastic parrots before they hit the dumpster.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:30 pm   Permalink

So sad, I'm going Saturday night.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:44 pm   Permalink

Didn't The Hula Girls just film there for some show not too long ago?

I am in town next weekend and will be sure to stop in

Such a shame

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-15 12:53 pm   Permalink

I've never been ...

How truly sad that another historic spot is closing.

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiwi Steve
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:06 pm   Permalink

I'm glad that my entire family had a chance to experience it. It sucks that so many places are closing.

View Profile of Kiwi Steve Send a personal message to Kiwi Steve      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-15 12:00, MakeDaMug wrote:
...I think we all should collectively plan a night to visit the Bahooka to celebrate their significant history in this thing that we love called Tiki. If somebody would like to plan that out and start that thread, that'd be great!

I just spoke with the Bahooka and I'm planning to organize one last hurrah for the Tiki Community.

Update - This event is scheduled for Sun, Mar 10th at 5pm...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44821&forum=17&0

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2013-02-15 14:44 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Capt. R.H. Falernum
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:18 pm   Permalink

NNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnooooooooOOOOOOOOOO!

From the original post, it doesn't sound like there's a chance that they'd consider selling the business & location?
If so, that's really too bad.

Anyone know why the place is closing?

View Profile of Capt. R.H. Falernum Send a personal message to Capt. R.H. Falernum      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:20 pm   Permalink

I feel like someone punched me in the chest. I love the Bahooka! This just makes me want to run out there and enjoy it as much as possible before it shuts down forever. Anyone want to join me tonight?

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:24 pm   Permalink

OH, just kill me. WHY ??????

DAMN....this just ruined my year.

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tigerlily

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:25 pm   Permalink

I'm so sad...this is depressing!!

View Profile of Tigerlily Send a personal message to Tigerlily      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Joe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:30 pm   Permalink

I think I'll go after work today around 5ish.

View Profile of Coco Joe Send a personal message to Coco Joe  Email Coco Joe Goto the website of Coco Joe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:31 pm   Permalink

This sucks. Such a staple in the TC realm of nautical/tiki/polypop haunts to visit! I am deeply saddened and bummed to hear this.
My first visit, I got lost after looking for the bathroom..(although it might've been the bowls we drank, but still)

again, this sucks.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:33 pm   Permalink

What! well that just great.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation