FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:35 pm   Permalink

Oh, this is horrible news!!! I am beyond sad. Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:40 pm   Permalink

So, SO sad to hear this! We won't be able to make it any sooner, but Trevor and I are planning to pay tribute on Sat March 2nd, for sure.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:44 pm   Permalink

ARRRRRGGGGHHHHH! This sucks!

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:45 pm   Permalink

Really sad news...hard to even stomach right now. I hope they are also accounting for a future place for Rufus.

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVegas
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:45 pm   Permalink

What the *&^% is going to Happen to the big Carrot eating fish?

View Profile of TikiVegas Send a personal message to TikiVegas  Email TikiVegas Goto the website of TikiVegas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-15 1:46 pm   Permalink

This is a real bummer. The one-two punch of an Oceanic Arts visit + lunch at Bahooka will be gone. I'm happy I've been able to experience Bahooka a number of times and introduce it to others, but this is a really big (and historical) loss. Less than a month to get in as many visits as possible I guess. We'll try to be there March 10 (can't make the March 2 date).

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:03 pm   Permalink

I hate to sound like a vulture, but any chance someone who knows the owners can talk them into providing their drink recipes? I mean, if they're not going to be open any longer ....

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:04 pm   Permalink

So sad! The Bahooka is such a treasure. I'm sorry to see it go.

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JackLord
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:10 pm   Permalink

Damn. I have never even been there and it depresses me. All the cool joints are going the way of the dodo bird.

View Profile of JackLord Send a personal message to JackLord      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:19 pm   Permalink

I can't believe it, hope the Ventura Cats are up for a road trip

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:41 pm   Permalink

!!!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:44 pm   Permalink

I feel my heart breaking into a million pieces. So many good times at Bahooka with so many of you
Bahooka always treated us Tikiphiles so very well. I will miss the Bahooka and it's friendly staff.

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:59 pm   Permalink

I'm so glad I got to visit Bahooka & so sad I can't be there to properly say goodbye. This is exactly why I've beem making pilgrimages to these places I love so much, even though they're 3000 miles away. I at least have memories, pictures & souvenirs, not just empty wishes that I had visited these places before they were gone. People, if you have not been to SoCal to experience the Tiki scene firsthand, you need to find a way. No excuses! Don't take for granted that these places will be there forever. Get out from behind your computers & experience life!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2013-02-15 15:52 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 2:59 pm   Permalink

This is sad news ! I have had many good times at Bahooka .Looks like I will be making several trips to enjoy a grenade and pull the pin drink !

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-02-15 3:03 pm   Permalink

Okay, who can step up and buy this place? Anyone? Can we pool our money? How much would it cost?

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation