FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
The Bahooka is closing their doors March 10th
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-04-19 3:00 pm   Permalink

Looks like just a building and fish tanks now.
All the interior items that made it Bahookas have been sold to Cliftons.

WaikikiWomb

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-19 3:04 pm   Permalink

I hope the family didn't get screwed.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-20 6:19 pm   Permalink

I heard this news from Marty Lush this morning! I certainly hope that someone is maintaining the fishtanks during all of this! Has anyone peeked in and checked?

Look, as I've posted before, we were all so darn lucky to have Bahooka for nearly fifty years. The owners were ready to retire and got an offer they couldn't refuse. No one can blame them for taking it. We're just sad we can't eat and play there anymore. No one hates losing this place more than we do!

Even though its decor will be given a new home later this year at Clifton's, the Bahooka building itself is one-of-a-kind. We will not see its type again. No one would go to this trouble to build something like this again. Meandering hallways leading to rendezvous-worthy tables, dark and mysterious. Perfectly designed for fun dining and good times. Not to mention the soothing, bubbling fishtanks that surrounded everyone. THAT'S what I hope will be saved. Sure, turn it into a Chinese restaurant or an Korean BBQ place for ten years or more. But SAVE the building and don't gut the interior!

Look, I may just be dreaming here. The value of this property will be determined entirely by whoever buys it and how expansive their imagination is. However, like Kelbo's (on Pico), IF the structure can be left alone, it will still have charm AND, more important, it will have the POTENTIAL of possibly being returned to a nautical-Tiki establishment one day.

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation