FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events No party tonight (Sun) - The Bahooka will NOT be open !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
No party tonight (Sun) - The Bahooka will NOT be open !!
sammyvelvet
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-02 08:42 am   Permalink

count 4 more .. we are there...

View Profile of sammyvelvet Send a personal message to sammyvelvet  Email sammyvelvet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 10:13 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-03-02 11:43 ]

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-02 2:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-02 08:42, sammyvelvet wrote:
count 4 more .. we are there...

Yea! it's Sammy & Francine! welcome to TC you kids!

P.S. you may have to leave "Mei Mei" at home for this one

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Phasmatrope

Posted: 2013-03-04 9:35 pm   Permalink

Where is this Facebook page invite that I am hearing about?? I wanted to go for dinner with my girlfriend and her mother the other evening, but didn't know they'd stopped answering the phone and didn't want to risk driving all the way out to Rosemead from Hollywood for dinner and risk not getting in. Would really be nice to get another of those flaming bowls before they go off into the sunset.

Damn Bahooka, you can't rush history like this...

View Profile of Phasmatrope Send a personal message to Phasmatrope  Email Phasmatrope     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-04 9:40 pm   Permalink

I severely doubt that there is gonna be much serving of anything being done on the 10th. I vote to invite a food truck (or two) - but then again, the parking lot is gonna be full with parked cars

Quote:

On 2013-02-25 10:41, JOHN-O wrote:

Just a bump on my last post so that people understand the reserved back room will not be providing dinner service. There probably won't be drink service either. Also if the room gets overrun with a larger than expected crowd then there may be a line to get in (just like at a Tiki Oasis Room Crawl. )

The Ding Dong Devils will be playing 2 sets so it may be less frustrating to come later at 9pm when most of the restaurant crowds have (hopefully) thinned out.

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2013-03-04 21:45 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LAWebChick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-05 6:22 pm   Permalink

Long time lurker - the two of us'll be there, hoping to get in.
Even if we have to have a send off in the parking lot...

View Profile of LAWebChick Send a personal message to LAWebChick  Email LAWebChick     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-05 7:25 pm   Permalink

I imagine we won't be able to squeeze into the back room party, but we're planning to be there at some point on Sunday. Probably earlier in the day in the hopes of getting in eventually. Sigh. I'm gonna miss that place.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jonny Bahama

Posted: 2013-03-05 9:22 pm   Permalink

Ive been going there for over 40 years-ever since I was a kid. I've introduced many people to Ruffus.
I was devastated when Kelbos disappeared too. Such Tiki sadness.
I took my Mom and daughter to Bahooka Sunday but we couldn't get in. By 9:oo they had run out of food!

So it'll be a Chinese restaurant now? Good, cause you know... there's not enough Chinese restaurants in the San Gabriel Valley.
See y'all Sunday.
Jonny Bahama

View Profile of Jonny Bahama Send a personal message to Jonny Bahama      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-05 9:35 pm   Permalink

I've shown up to tiki market places and events, never to an official tiki central meet up. But I'll be there on Sunday. At the very least getting my bowl of alcohol on.

Been going there for the past 30 years. Gonna miss that place.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 3:55 pm   Permalink

Update. See page 1.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-07 4:04 pm   Permalink

That's too bad John-O. Thanks for your effort and planning. We know that you had good intentions planning this and I am sure canceling it was a tough choice.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 4:09 pm   Permalink

I had a feeling about this, I suspect the Bahooka's management
just was not up for it as well with the erratic hours this week

I am sure some of you can still make a lunch or dinner this weekend
but be aware of a small staff & discontinued drink service etc.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 4:17 pm   Permalink

Sounds like the place is gonna go out with a thud instead of a bang! What a shame. Valiant effort John-O!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 5:14 pm   Permalink

John-O, Your aim was perfect, it's a shame your target moved....GREAT EFFORT....You obviously cared deeply...OGR

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 6:14 pm   Permalink

Lots o peeps are still gonna show up, I assume...or are they gonna be closed?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation