FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events No party tonight (Sun) - The Bahooka will NOT be open !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
No party tonight (Sun) - The Bahooka will NOT be open !!
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-07 18:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
Lots o peeps are still gonna show up, I assume...or are they gonna be closed?

Have not been able to get a straight answer on this Sven, it is possible they may be closed?
also I have heard maybe just shorter hours on Sunday, but this is hearsay.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Wildsville man
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 6:38 pm   Permalink

As someone who has worked in many bar's and closed down locations for other bar locations for friends, you will usually see the following.

They do not want to purchase food or Booze when they will not exist the next day and can't transfer the product to the new owners.
The employees probably have new job's by now,so whoever serves you is probably a fill in and doesn't know the job.

So If they are open they are probably altering the drinks and food to work with whatever product is left.

Not the best way to remember a place usually.

W

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2013-03-07 18:59 ]

View Profile of Wildsville man Send a personal message to Wildsville man  Email Wildsville man Goto the website of Wildsville man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kiniki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-07 7:38 pm   Permalink

I was there today and found out that they will be open Sunday and serving a very limited menu to control table wait times and food prep times. I saw many familiar faces in the wait staff today so while there may be some temporary help, it looked like the majority are the same employees who have served us over the years. Tip these people well if you venture down there over the next few days as they will be unemployed come Monday!

View Profile of Tiki Kiniki Send a personal message to Tiki Kiniki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-07 7:51 pm   Permalink

I'm so happy that we got to have our Last Hurrah at Bahooka's last Saturday Night. VIP Table, VIP Service from Chico, Strong Drinks & Delicious Food with Good Friends. Who would of thought that a 6:00 Reservation would last as long to close the restaurant for the night? Bahooka's will Always have a Special Place in Our Hearts & Memories

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyrate Gyrl

Posted: 2013-03-07 8:43 pm   Permalink

I hope I can get one last Grenade with the Pin Pulled. I'm still so sad to see this place go. I will probably cry.

View Profile of Pyrate Gyrl Send a personal message to Pyrate Gyrl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 06:24 am   Permalink

Bumping this thread daily until Sun to make sure it's seen.

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 09:19 am   Permalink

If you don't have a reservation please don't go. These people have been swamped since they announced it and they really deserve a rest. I'm told they are just turning folks away and it just adds to the confusion.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HB TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 09:34 am   Permalink

Does that mean if I want to go today for lunch I need a reservation!!!!!!! for Bahooda???????

View Profile of HB TIKI Send a personal message to HB TIKI  Email HB TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
congawa
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 10:28 am   Permalink

I was going to take a little long lunch at work today (Friday) and head over to meet Puka von Pele (who was geting in line at 11 for opening at 11:30).

Is it true you can't get in without reservations? I thought it was first-come first serve now. Or are you only talking about Sunday night, Ray?

Caltiki Brent

View Profile of congawa Send a personal message to congawa  Goto the website of congawa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 11:48 am   Permalink

Lunch might be ok but they are just so overwhelmed till Sunday night. They have been killing themselves to serve all but it's just too much. And it's only because we love it so much. Just try to understand it from their standpoint. I've been told so many horror stories if people demanding prompt service but the load is too great to keep up with. God bless them all for their efforts.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-08 12:55 pm   Permalink

Then go in for a drink. They stopped taking reservations a while ago. Walk in's are welcomed, but just realize there's going to be a long wait time as well as limited food menu.

Pay your respect by hitting the bar for a bowl once more and tip them bartenders well. they deserve it.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SBJiminyC
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-08 1:23 pm   Permalink

I saw this on their Facebook page:

"This is it! Cash only from now on, and our food supplies are dwindling, we will probably run out today. For the rest of out time, DRINKS WILL BE FLOWING! This is it! Thanks everyone!"

View Profile of SBJiminyC Send a personal message to SBJiminyC      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 6:31 pm   Permalink

Time to kill Rufus.
He's over 25 I believe, (he's had a good, long life.)
Grill him up, and serve him to the fans.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-08 6:36 pm   Permalink

Bahooka Sunday night is BACK ON!!! We have the room for a PRIVATE PARTY from 6pm on!!! It's going to be cocktails only with the possibility of RIBS! Please come by prepared for a crowd and stay for a while to say good bye to Bahooka, the staff and RUFUS. You are invited if you know Tiki Central...If you aren't sure, message me

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 6:48 pm   Permalink

ahhh BTD, always such a great contributor to the TC threads, your wit has no bounds. SoccerTiki, glad to hear this on again. I'm trying to capture a bunch of memories of Bahooka from folks, so if you see me running around and want to participate, grab me and let me know. Cheers!

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation