FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Deadhead Rum
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Deadhead Rum
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-15 8:55 pm   Permalink

It is a neat bottle! The rum is a bit thin? in flavor. I only tried the 50ml.

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-16 3:12 pm   Permalink

You're right; cool bottle

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-17 6:18 pm   Permalink

So I guess it's a lower shelf mixing rum.
Who cares when you have a bottle this cool? I must have one! I wonder if they'll be available in Canada?
If anyone is interested in doing a swap, PM me!

*edited to fix a dumb auto-correct mistake*

Great Minds Drink Alike

[ This Message was edited by: Tikiwahine 2013-02-18 16:27 ]

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-17 7:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-17 18:18, Tikiwahine wrote:
So I guess it's a lower shelf mixing rum.
Who cares when you have a bottle this cool? I must have one! I wonder if they'll be available in Canada?
If anyone is note rested in doing a swap, PM me!

The Deadhead Rum website has a where you can purchase it button or you can buy it online from Zee Tequila. I don't know if they have a Canada shipping option.
www.deadheadrum.com
www.zeetequila.com/products/DEADHEAD®-Rum.html

Crystal – light bodied white rum features the balanced flavors of sweet sugar-cane molasses & pure vanilla.

Aged Spice – medium sweet, with vanilla, cream and oak. Hints of cinnamon, clove and allspice are present.

Aged – sumptuous richness and depth, perfectly balanced with vanilla and caramel, hints of smokiness and char from the oak barrel are apparent with minor notes of orange zest and figs.

DEADHEAD™ rum will be available in: AZ, CA, GA, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, TX, WA.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-17 8:09 pm   Permalink

Bad name, though.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
poutineki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-18 07:41 am   Permalink

Nobody will ship booze to Canada. Actually, K&L Wines and Spirits will but you have to buy in case quantity (it can be mixed variety), shipping is ~$150 and by the time it passes through the LCBO and they add their fees, the case cost pretty much doubles. So a case of booze that costs say $300 at K&L will end up being around $750 by the time it gets in your hands in Ontario. There's nothing I want that bad. But I don't really care that much about the rum, it's that bottle I like. If empties start turning up for sale on ebay or something, I might grab one.

View Profile of poutineki Send a personal message to poutineki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 4:26 pm   Permalink

I punched in my info, and shipping to Canada for one bottle via UPS is $34.73. Less than expected! Still, I may wait until my next cross border visit. We'll see how much my rum bottle lust takes over.

Great Minds Drink Alike

View Profile of Tikiwahine Send a personal message to Tikiwahine      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-18 4:31 pm   Permalink

Looks like it is one of the sponsors for Tiki Caliente

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 8:48 pm   Permalink

Then they must offer a version with a pith helmet

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
virani
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 11:52 pm   Permalink

shipping to France is $150 !!!

View Profile of virani Send a personal message to virani  Goto the website of virani     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-19 09:25 am   Permalink

It's kinda funny that this topic came up. These guys just started following me on Twitter. I posted a comment on Facebook saying that if the LCBO ever carried this, that I'd buy a case just for the cool factor. I'm seriously considering putting in a request for pricing to see how much a case will cost as a special order. I'm not optimistic: I once submitted a request for pricing for a case of Lemon Hart, and the LCBO quoted $40 a bottle. And Lemon Hart is bottled in Newfoundland!

View Profile of Kahuna Tiki Send a personal message to Kahuna Tiki  Email Kahuna Tiki Goto the website of Kahuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikiwahine
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 10:34 am   Permalink

I like how there are three Canadians clamoring for this stuff!
I guess we like our shrunken heads and rum!

Great Minds Drink Alike

poutineki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-19 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-18 16:26, Tikiwahine wrote:
I punched in my info, and shipping to Canada for one bottle via UPS is $34.73. Less than expected! Still, I may wait until my next cross border visit. We'll see how much my rum bottle lust takes over.

Their shipping calculator may give you a price but I'll be very surprised if they are actually willing to ship it to you. I'm betting you'll get an email letting you know why they are unable to fill your order. But if you do try it and they actually ship it and customs doesn't confiscate it, definitely report back and let us know.

View Profile of poutineki Send a personal message to poutineki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-21 06:18 am   Permalink

So, just for a laugh, I contacted the LCBO and told them that they should check out this rum. I also told them that it might be a big seller simply because of the bottle design. Silly me - I must have forgotten that I live in Ontario (which is SO progressive). This was their reply:

"When a customer suggests that we stock a particular product, we pass this on to the category manager, who can evaluate suggestions when they are considering new listings - and so your suggestion has gone to the Rum manager, and we're always after new and unusual products that will prove popular with our customers.

This rum looks great, and it certainly has a unique story behind it, although the name 'deadhead' and the (rather apt) imagery of a dead head may make it tricky to stock on corporate social responsibility grounds.

Thank you for taking the time to share this with us.

Cheers from the LCBO."

Remember folks, we're referring to an organization that resisted stocking Crystal Head Vodka for the exact same reason.

Oh, one more thing: if you're thinking of ordering any spirits, you'll HAVE to go through the LCBO. Minimum order is one case. It sucks, but it's the law.

View Profile of Kahuna Tiki Send a personal message to Kahuna Tiki  Email Kahuna Tiki Goto the website of Kahuna Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-21 06:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-19 10:34, Tikiwahine wrote:
I like how there are three Canadians clamoring for this stuff!
I guess we like our shrunken heads and rum!

I *love* shrunken heads. Guess I'm just twisted that way. I have two of 'em (albeit fake) hanging in my home bar. Check out my profile for a link to my Flickr set called "The Bar So Far".

And yes, I love rum too.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation