FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Deadhead Rum
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Deadhead Rum
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-07 7:55 pm   Permalink

I brought my Tonga Hut purchased bottle to Forbidden Island last night and let some people have a taste. The general consensus was 1. it was delicious and 2. you guys need to come up this way for an official tasting soon!

On a sidenote I dropped my bottle when I got home--maybe slippery hands but more than likely too much booze--and the plastic shrunken head popped off but the bottle remained unbroken. I just snapped the shrunken head back together and it was good as new.

Have to say having an unbreakable bottle of rum is key to my way of drinking

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-08 09:24 am   Permalink

Got mine a few days ago, immediately opened and sipped it neat. Very good flavor! I'm looking forward to sharing this some of my rum buddies....

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-08 1:09 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2013-03-07 19:21, Deadheadrum wrote:
Quote:

Deadhead will be available in Oregon in a couple of weeks. In California, the only stores up north are Bevmos. By the end of the month, Deadhead will be available in Canada (Alberta), NV, PA, OR, TX, IL, OK, NJ, New Zealand and Japan. Please email me directly if you need more information through the Deadhead website Thank you all for your support!

Awesome! I'll ask a couple of the better state stores to give me a call when it comes in. And if that gets delayed, Bevmo is opening in Vancover, WA in April.

View Profile of Coffee Pirate Send a personal message to Coffee Pirate  Email Coffee Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 1:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Deadhead will be available in Oregon in a couple of weeks. In California, the only stores up north are Bevmos. By the end of the month, Deadhead will be available in Canada (Alberta), NV, PA, OR, TX, IL, OK, NJ, New Zealand and Japan. Please email me directly if you need more information through the Deadhead website Thank you all for your support!

Any plans to get this into British Columbia stores?

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Captainwhoopass
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-08 2:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

Quote:

On 2013-03-04 21:04, Coffee Pirate wrote:
The dreaded OLCC (Oregon Liquor Overlords) has Deadhead Rum listed - one 750ml variety (no details which one but the list is over $40) and the 50ml size - for March, but haven't seen any on the shelves yet. Anybody happen to know if All-Star Liquors has it in stock on the Cali border? I need to make a run anyway to get 1.75s of Appleton V/X, Mt Gays, some El Dorados not sold in OR, etc...

Hoorah! I will be on the look out here in Alberta. Thanks for the good news, Deadhead. Great looking bottle by the way.

View Profile of Captainwhoopass Send a personal message to Captainwhoopass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-08 10:05 pm   Permalink

Snagged a couple of bottles this evening at Hi Times. Gonna give it a taste test tomorrow night with Tikivato and our wives. Might be an invalid test however as we'll be going to Trader Sam's first. Written report on Sunday.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 10:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-08 22:05, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Snagged a couple of bottles this evening at Hi Times. Gonna give it a taste test tomorrow night with Tikivato and our wives. Might be an invalid test however as we'll be going to Trader Sam's first. Written report on Sunday.
Cheers

Looking forward to your review.

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 4:33 pm   Permalink

Not so much a review as it is a "decorating suggestion" post

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42546&forum=17&vpost=668736

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-09 4:48 pm   Permalink

Closet retailer to Boston is 211.9 miles away!!!!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-13 01:01 am   Permalink

Sorry I'm late with my opinion (fwiw) on Deadhead rum.
Tikivato opened his bottle before we hit Trader Sam's last Saturday. We both had a shot in a Plastic "skull" shot glass from the House of Blues.
At first I thought I misread the label and had gotten tequila instead of rum. I let it breathe a bit and the first impression I got was earthy,grassy, not unpleasant but definitely not like the rums I lean towards. It quickly warmed me up although this rum has very little bite.
I have not opened my bottle but I plan on using a small snifter (glass) for my next tasting-We'll see if I change my opinion. I prefer hints of caramel-toffee, vanilla, and oak in my rum. The bottle of Deadhead will look cool in my Happy Talk Lounge while I'm sipping my Zaya. Tikvato liked it-he had it with an ice cube. Both he and Rosemary said that they had thoughts of TQ at the first sip. My wife CeCe didn't like it. She never drinks anything straight. She prefers a well crafted Mai Tai .
Bottom line for me; Deadhead is okay but there are better rums at 30 bucks if you want a sipper.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-13 05:43 am   Permalink

In Illinois, Midwest wine and spirits carries deadhead. problem is they don't sell to the general public. Look for it in local stores soon. i asked binny's to look into carrying it as well.... I'm gonna wait till i can purchase it off the shelf as opposed to wasting money on shipping.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=34103&forum=12&vpost=486406&hilite=mogumbu%20shrunken%20head%20lamp

[ This Message was edited by: Tipsy McStagger 2013-03-13 05:45 ]

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-13 06:07 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-13 05:43, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
I'm gonna wait till i can purchase it off the shelf as opposed to wasting money on shipping.

But the bottle looks so cool! Gotta... have... now...!!!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 8:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-13 01:01, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
Sorry I'm late with my opinion (fwiw) on Deadhead rum.
Tikivato opened his bottle before we hit Trader Sam's last Saturday. We both had a shot in a Plastic "skull" shot glass from the House of Blues.
At first I thought I misread the label and had gotten tequila instead of rum. I let it breathe a bit and the first impression I got was earthy,grassy, not unpleasant but definitely not like the rums I lean towards. It quickly warmed me up although this rum has very little bite.
I have not opened my bottle but I plan on using a small snifter (glass) for my next tasting-We'll see if I change my opinion. I prefer hints of caramel-toffee, vanilla, and oak in my rum. The bottle of Deadhead will look cool in my Happy Talk Lounge while I'm sipping my Zaya. Tikvato liked it-he had it with an ice cube. Both he and Rosemary said that they had thoughts of TQ at the first sip. My wife CeCe didn't like it. She never drinks anything straight. She prefers a well crafted Mai Tai .
Bottom line for me; Deadhead is okay but there are better rums at 30 bucks if you want a sipper.
Cheers

Cool thanks for sharing your impressions.

the75stingray
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-21 7:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-13 06:07, AceExplorer wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-03-13 05:43, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
I'm gonna wait till i can purchase it off the shelf as opposed to wasting money on shipping.

But the bottle looks so cool! Gotta... have... now...!!!

I agree. I was waiting on Arrow Wine in Dayton or Jungle Jim's in Cincinnati to get it in, but I decided to break down and pay the $15 shipping to get it now. I've been patiently waiting for a while now.

View Profile of the75stingray Send a personal message to the75stingray      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-23 03:53 am   Permalink

IIIIIIIII can't wait to get mine!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation