advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Trader Vic's Canton Catsup
Trader Vic's Canton Catsup
trptart

Posted: 2013-02-16 12:24 pm   Permalink

The Emeryville Trader Vic's has changed it's recipe for Canton Catsup that is served with the Cosmo Tidbit appetizer. It's now a bland mix of curry relish and some generic catsup, not at all like the original recipe that I have enjoyed for many years. Frankly it's a disappointment and not palitable.
Does anyone have the recipe?
Thanks!

View Profile of trptart Send a personal message to trptart  Goto the website of trptart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-16 12:42 pm   Permalink

TVs in Emeryville keeps changing A LOT of their food ingredients and its super annoying never knowing what you will get or what will be available.

Reading your update doesn't surprise me.

Wonder if Vic would be happy with the "This item makes our customers happy and they love to eat it so lets change it anyways" thought process they seem to have behind their food these days.

Sorry I cant help you with the recipe.

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-16 4:55 pm   Permalink

I'm pretty sure I have the recipe. I'll take a look through my books.

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitonga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-01 5:59 pm   Permalink

Sorry to hear this. We were there not too long ago but didn't order anything that came with that sauce. I did notice their overall menu had changed a lot though. Oh what I wouldn't give to go back to the day when they had the pork chops with mashed potatoes and pineapple chutney. I AM glad they still have the peanut butter & honey spread for their bread and crackers though. I always forget about it after I leave, but when I'm there I always promise myself that I'm going to make some.

View Profile of tikitonga Send a personal message to tikitonga  Email tikitonga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation