FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Naughty Coconut - Cyndigo's newbie tiki bar

You are viewing a single post from the search result.
view the entire topic
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Naughty Coconut - Cyndigo's newbie tiki bar
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 8:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-18 10:33, cyndigo wrote:
Thank you!

I googled images for "outrigger beam" and that looks waaaaay more complicated than I can handle, although it is cool. For now I'll save the thatch and see about painting.

Pardon the ignorance of forum etiquette ... should I create a new thread to chronicle the renovation or keep it all in this one? (Wonder if I can rename this existing one....)

Name and color suggestions for wall paint are most welcome!

Well, I tend to go all out in my thinking... you can totally do an A-frame, but omit the outrigger beam. I'm sure anything you decide to do with that space will work out just fine... you're half-way there already with what you have (at least from the photos)... I agree with the suggestions of darker tones... tiki is dark and mysterious... and dark can work toward your minimalist tendencies... you'd be surprised how much dark goes toward enveloping an environment and bringing it all together, and minimizing any extraneous bits.

Oh, love the name of your tiki bar!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation