[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Wanted to buy; "Tiki Modern"
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Wanted to buy; "Tiki Modern"
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-18 5:22 pm   Permalink

Hello, Tiki Central Ohana, I missed out on Sven's "Tiki Modern" and am trying to buy a copy. Ebay has one but it has already gone over the $100 mark with 6 hrs to go. I thought I would reach out to you folks. I can afford about $75 max, as I've sold some Tiki magazine back issues from my collection. Thanks in advance!

Rocky

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 5:34 pm   Permalink

Cheapest on Amazon.com for a used copy is $98.00
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/3822847178/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used
but at least it is available....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 5:34 pm   Permalink

Did you already contact Sven?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-18 5:56 pm   Permalink

Abe Books list one in new condition for $79.56.

http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/SearchResults?sts=t&tn=tiki+modern

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-18 6:30 pm   Permalink

Books A Million has it new for $39.99.
www.booksamillion.com/p/Tiki-Modern/Sven-A-Kirsten/9783822847176

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-18 8:40 pm   Permalink

Yes, I ordered one from books-a-million, but it is on back order, and I'm sure I'll eventually get an e-mail saying it's not available. I don't know why they allow a hit with the original published price, when they probably haven't had one available for a long time, but I took a shot. I checked e-bay before I bid on the one on there. And the completed listings were from $60-$70 dollars. No I haven't talked to Sven yet. I know he's busy, but I guess I can drop him a note.

I'm also willing to be patient!!

Thanks for your help, Rocky

View Profile of Nokala Rocky Send a personal message to Nokala Rocky  Email Nokala Rocky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitrooper2

Posted: 2013-02-18 9:55 pm   Permalink

Confirmed. I do have the Tiki Modern Book. Sealed/New/Mint Condition. I have posted some pics on my page for you to see it. Please feel free to post or message me if you have any questions.

http://tk7328.com/?page_id=55&nggpage=2

[ This Message was edited by: tikitrooper2 2013-02-19 10:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikitrooper2 2013-02-19 10:39 ]

View Profile of tikitrooper2 Send a personal message to tikitrooper2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-19 05:21 am   Permalink

Talked to Sven at Tiki O. Even he only had the one copy for himself to sell at the end of his seminar, which, unfortunately, I had to miss.

Last I checked there's a few overseas sellers that have it for $60, but that doesn't include shipping, which is a fortune.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitrooper2

Posted: 2013-02-19 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-18 17:22, Nokala Rocky wrote:
Hello, Tiki Central Ohana, I missed out on Sven's "Tiki Modern" and am trying to buy a copy. Ebay has one but it has already gone over the $100 mark with 6 hrs to go. I thought I would reach out to you folks. I can afford about $75 max, as I've sold some Tiki magazine back issues from my collection. Thanks in advance!

Rocky

Hey Rocky,

do you mean tiki magazine?
http://www.tikimagazine.com I think I have issues #spring 2005 to current, if you are looking to get back your collection, etc. All in VG grade.

View Profile of tikitrooper2 Send a personal message to tikitrooper2      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-21 2:33 pm   Permalink

Nope, not Tiki magazine. I have all the issues. After the 1 book on e-bay sold for $100, the ones on amazon are going for $112.00 now! I better start looking into a paper route or something!

tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 6:39 pm   Permalink

There's a copy for sale in this thread:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44819&forum=12&1

You need to go to the seller's site to view and contact for pricing.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-21 8:00 pm   Permalink

Maybe you should
wait for the release of the 2nd edition of
The Book of Tiki

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-23 04:50 am   Permalink

Hi Jon, I have BOT, and love it! Like I said, I'm willing to be patient. I've noticed in the past that prices will go down a bit when there are more than 3 or 4 for sale on Amazon. Right now there is a signed copy/no dust jacket on e-bay for 150 or b.o. I tried $80, but alas no dice!!

Slacks Ferret
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-23 09:39 am   Permalink

Hey Nokala,

I assume you're in Rochester New York? If so, you should check out the Strand Bookstore in NYC. I just looked and it seemed they had one copy of tiki modern for $75.00. Plus, the Strand is one of the best bookstores I've ever had the pleasure of shopping at. I'm sure shipping would be cheap for you.

Good luck, let us know how it turns out.

-Slacks

[ This Message was edited by: Slacks Ferret 2013-02-23 09:41 ]

View Profile of Slacks Ferret Send a personal message to Slacks Ferret  Email Slacks Ferret     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Nokala Rocky
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-24 06:42 am   Permalink

SLACKS! Thank you for the info. I bought it yesterday! Now to block off time so I can relax and enjoy it.

TC folks, thanks for all your help! I promose not to wander away again!!

Rocky

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation