Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods album release
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-16 11:08 pm   Permalink

Most everybody I know has been downloading it
:-/

I wanna buy a cd of it.

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 07:51 am   Permalink

I would dig a vinyl of it...

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-09-21 7:14 pm   Permalink

Official Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods website:

http://www.ellioteastonstikigods.com/about.html

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-23 04:13 am   Permalink

Cool,
Thanks hak

Jeff btd

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-09-30 3:33 pm   Permalink

For all those holding out for the CD like myself ... Just got word back from their website.

"The CD is being pressed and will ship and be available on Amazon by Oct 15th. The delay has been the result of a manufacturing error with the first batch and due to the process of switching pressing plants and the touring schedules of some of the Tiki Gods, this has dragged on longer then we would have liked. They are now with a good CD duplication company and all of the other issues have been resolved."
Thanks
Tiki Gods

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-09-30 10:22 pm   Permalink

Doh!

And thanks for the note Tom.

Jeff btd

Trader Gino
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-01 2:34 pm   Permalink

Gotta say that I too LOVE this album. I've only recently become a fan of the surf guitar genre so the way this album adds exotica elements makes it a nice sampler for people on the fence. Just a great album with a great sound and a ton of depth!

View Profile of Trader Gino Send a personal message to Trader Gino  Goto the website of Trader Gino     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-10-16 2:10 pm   Permalink

Finally available!!!
Just ordered my copy here:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FEPL19A/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3SWE3AMI7N32W&coliid=I2AVJR2ENSR53K

View Profile of Tonga Tom Send a personal message to Tonga Tom  Goto the website of Tonga Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-16 8:42 pm   Permalink

Yay!!!!!

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-21 12:46 pm   Permalink

Finally got the real deal.
Cd playing now,
Digi-pak In hand.
Great artwork,
and cool liner notes by some guy named Sven Kirsten.
I think he must be kinda important In the Tiki Scene.

Jeff btd

spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-22 06:28 am   Permalink

Just curious... the cd seems to have different cover art than what we saw with the original digital release. Is that original art in the cd booklet somewhere? (can you fold the book back and have the original art in the window?)

This is the stuff that keeps me up at night.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-10-23 01:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-10-22 06:28, spy-tiki wrote:
Just curious... the cd seems to have different cover art than what we saw with the original digital release. Is that original art in the cd booklet somewhere? (can you fold the book back and have the original art in the window?)

This is the stuff that keeps me up at night.

The CD comes in a six panel digipak which has an evil tray from which to pop your disc from (mine broke a tooth out, but still holds the disc tightly). The original digital cover art is under the clear tray along with a pic of Elliot on a flap and a quote from Sven on the left flap. There's a cool piece on the back of the digipak too. I forget what's on the last flap (I don't have the CD near by). Also, the CD includes their song from the Jackie Brown soundtrack as a bonus cut at the end.

Tonga Tom

Posted: 2013-10-23 3:04 pm   Permalink

The other panel has band photos and credits.

spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-23 4:54 pm   Permalink

why, thank you.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-23 8:41 pm   Permalink

Good to hear! I love those wonderful descriptions....how about some PHOTOS, too?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation