FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving For the Love of Tiki
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
For the Love of Tiki
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-26 06:39 am   Permalink

Here's my first go at a Marq Tiki.
Check out the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3jNVhOJSYA

View Profile of For the Love of Tiki Send a personal message to For the Love of Tiki  Email For the Love of Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 6:11 pm   Permalink

Kool stuff! keep em com'n.

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-02 1:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 18:11, Watango productions wrote:
Kool stuff! keep em com'n.

Thanks, Watango!

[ This Message was edited by: For the Love of Tiki 2013-03-02 13:52 ]

View Profile of For the Love of Tiki Send a personal message to For the Love of Tiki  Email For the Love of Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-02 1:50 pm   Permalink

For the Love of Tiki #17
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNjFCxAdY1s

For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-03 5:20 pm   Permalink

For the Love of Tiki #19
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltRAuB23Si0

For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-07 12:20 pm   Permalink

Here is the current work in progress. Its a queen palm, 4' tall and 11" diameter. Its still a bit green. I'll make some cuts, then give it a couple of days in which to dry out a bit - then hopefully, be able to get back at it.

Coffee Pirate
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-07 12:36 pm   Permalink

Wow! Lovely stuff! My Uncle Barry is thinking about trying his hand at carving Tikis. I suggested he start with cedar, but I suspect he will pick up a driftwood log from the beach since it will be free. I hope I can help him carve it. This thread is so inspiring!

View Profile of Coffee Pirate Send a personal message to Coffee Pirate  Email Coffee Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-07 12:47 pm   Permalink

I really like your Mort Jagger! I live right by Trader Morts, and I really like that tiki! You really made a good likeness to the original. Good job!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-07 12:49 pm   Permalink

I see you are also in SD. Are any for sale?

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-07 2:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-07 12:36, Coffee Pirate wrote:
Wow! Lovely stuff! My Uncle Barry is thinking about trying his hand at carving Tikis. I suggested he start with cedar, but I suspect he will pick up a driftwood log from the beach since it will be free. I hope I can help him carve it. This thread is so inspiring!

Thanks for the kind words. I liked starting out with cedar. Its more like real wood - certainly as compared to palm. .. but if driftwood was readily available in my local, without a doubt, I'd be carving it too. Be sure to check out the recent post by 4WDTiki - he's been using driftwood for his latest tikis. I feel that searching on the beach for a good piece of driftwood to carve would be fun in itself. Ya know, finding a piece of wood that already sort of looks like something. It is a great hobby & am sure, you and Uncle Barry will have a good time at it. My recommendation: if you want to do it, is don't give it too much thought, just set some time aside for it & then start to let the wood chips fly. Of course, be sure to observe all safety precautions - but the main thing is to make it hands on. Anyways, thats what works for me - although, I read about how everyone else approached it on Tiki Central as well.
Good luck.

For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-07 2:39 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-07 12:47, lunavideogames wrote:
I really like your Mort Jagger! I live right by Trader Morts, and I really like that tiki! You really made a good likeness to the original. Good job!

Hiya Lunavideogames, Thanks for the compliment. Mort Jagger gives a wink So far, my tikis have ended up as gifts for close friends & family - but believe I might be approaching that day in the near future when I'll be in a selling mode. Thanks for asking (you've just made my day) & I'll let ya know.

For the Love of Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-03-10 7:43 pm   Permalink

For the Love of Tiki #16
Queen Palm - 3' height x 12" width

[ This Message was edited by: For the Love of Tiki 2013-03-10 19:44 ]

cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 09:09 am   Permalink

Some good work goin' on there FTLOT, really like the time lapse photos.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 7:03 pm   Permalink

Sweet 16 rocks!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bay Park Buzzy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 3:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the tour last weekend! You have a lot of ultra cool DIY things going on over there. (Just don't tell anyone around here its real name. )

Buzzy Out!

View Profile of Bay Park Buzzy Send a personal message to Bay Park Buzzy  Email Bay Park Buzzy Goto the website of Bay Park Buzzy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation