[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Just say no to ebay
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Just say no to ebay
seamus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 3:18 pm   Permalink

Ebay has been great for me! As a seller I am able to get my Tiki art exposure that simply can't be had any other way for a small town artist, and with a little effort I can easily make more monthly sales of my thriftstore/garagesale finds than my little (but expensive) antique mall space ever did. The economy here on the Oregon Coast is Terrible and jobs are all but nonexistent. Ebay has provided me with a means of keeping my head above water during some very tough times and I am grateful that it exists. I have even found some great deals on mugs and other Tiki items that I would have never found anywhere around here. Although, I must admit I have found some real treasures for practically nothing in local thrift stores and yard sales. Tiki shows up in the strangest of places!
Personally, I think the rising prices for Tiki items on Ebay is more a result of the newfound POPularity of Tiki in POPculture than Just Ebay itself. It cannot be denied that if you get a bunch of eager buyers together and present them with an item they all want it's gonna drive the price up, but hey, that's how the business works. If you want "really good deals", you gotta turn off the computer and hit the pavement.

TikisbySeamus.com

View Profile of seamus Send a personal message to seamus  Email seamus Goto the website of seamus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
atomiczombie
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-05 02:41 am   Permalink

You can find anything you need on ebay, it's not just for tiki anymore. I just got a $55 gauge cluster for a '77 civic for 5 bucks! WOOOHOOO!!! It's like a stroll through the jungle at twilite; ya gotta keep your wits about ya'.

View Profile of atomiczombie Send a personal message to atomiczombie      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 11:18 am   Permalink

I've gotten some amazing deals on ebay. I don't think I could have found half the crap I have without ebay. It's all about what your willing to pay. If you see something is overpriced just walk away, but if you find something that you want a price you are willing to pay then go for it. I used to sell allot on ebay and I am a long time ebay shopper. I don't think I could ever give up ebay. Some of my greatest ebay scores include:

1) A WWII era never played with mint condition deck of Vargas girly playing cards.

2) A fifties deck of Elvgren girly playing cards

3) An Elvgren pin up signed by the girl who modelled for it.

4) More Iolani shirts than you shake a stick at

5) Beastie Boys - Pollywog Stew LP ($6)

Hell I once even bought a car on ebay and resold it later on for a profit.

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-07 8:25 pm   Permalink

I just got a carved wood punch bowl with matching platter and ten cups for 18 bucks and a rattan ice bucket for 5 on ebay.

Long live ebay!

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Klas
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-08 04:04 am   Permalink

I just won an eBay auction for a cool mosaic barset for $22.50 + shipping although I didn't really needed the tools

www.thesurfites.com

View Profile of Klas Send a personal message to Klas  Goto the website of Klas     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CruzinTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-09 8:12 pm   Permalink

Very nice Klas! Congrats!

View Profile of CruzinTiki Send a personal message to CruzinTiki  Email CruzinTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation