advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars battery operated accent lights
battery operated accent lights
polynesianpoppa

Posted: 2013-02-26 3:56 pm   Permalink

Hi all. First time posting here. I've a learned a lot just reading and gotten a ton of inspiration for my home space from all of your great work so thanks for that.

I'm currently looking for small accent lights to put underneath a glass topped bar and on shelves to highlight mugs and small Tikis. My electricity is limited because it's an outdoor space so I'm trying to find small battery operated accent lights. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this...

Thanks!

View Profile of polynesianpoppa Send a personal message to polynesianpoppa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 15:56, polynesianpoppa wrote:
Hi all. First time posting here. I've a learned a lot just reading and gotten a ton of inspiration for my home space from all of your great work so thanks for that.

I'm currently looking for small accent lights to put underneath a glass topped bar and on shelves to highlight mugs and small Tikis. My electricity is limited because it's an outdoor space so I'm trying to find small battery operated accent lights. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions for this...

Thanks!

maybe those clip on lights they use for music stands?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 15:56, polynesianpoppa wrote:

Thanks!

During Christmas Target had several different designs of battery operated LED lights. I bought some strands and have been happy with them. The battery packs are easy to hide.
This is what they look like. They're easy to find online.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
polynesianpoppa

Posted: 2013-02-26 4:31 pm   Permalink

During Christmas Target had several different designs of battery operated LED lights. I bought some strands and have been happy with them. The battery packs are easy to hide.
This is what they look like. They're easy to find online.

Thanks Lori. Those look like a good option for the bar.

I just found these and am thinking I may try them on top of the shelves to highlight my mugs:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000R9P4GE/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

View Profile of polynesianpoppa Send a personal message to polynesianpoppa      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-26 5:59 pm   Permalink

Can be found at Ikea also...

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-26 6:50 pm   Permalink

Those overhead lights will work just fine.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
markmywords
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-27 07:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-26 16:31, polynesianpoppa wrote:

I just found these and am thinking I may try them on top of the shelves to highlight my mugs:

I've used these for my mug shelf:
http://www.amazon.com/Red-Lights-Operated-Silver-Wire/dp/B004DZI1J0/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1361980272&sr=8-12&keywords=battery+operated+led+lights

They work pretty well...

-mark

View Profile of markmywords Send a personal message to markmywords      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-02-27 09:55 am   Permalink

Thanks for that link Mark, those are nifty products.

Chris

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
polynesianpoppa

Posted: 2013-02-27 6:41 pm   Permalink

Those red LEDs look great. Thanks for the link.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation