FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars The Hoodoo Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
The Hoodoo Hut
Trader Tom

Posted: 2013-08-29 03:06 am   Permalink

I've only been seriously into Tiki for about 10 years or so, but my son has been into it his whole life. He's been to Tiki Oasis and touched Marina the Mermaid's tail. He's not impressed by Dad's painting. For me, this stuff is exotic, but for him it's normal decor.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 09:00 am   Permalink

Trader Tom wrote:

Shot of the hutch behind bar.

Close on hutch.

I REALLY like that Hutch! Where did you find it etc.? Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2013-08-29 2:23 pm   Permalink

I found the hutch about seven years ago at the PCC (Pasadena Community College) Flea Market which was only a couple of blocks away from where we were renting at the time. I passed by it the first time because it had a really ugly taxidermied rooster sitting on top of it. My wife dragged me back and pointed it out to me. So, really, she deserves credit for the find. I remember her saying: "Don't you need something like that to put all your Tiki mugs in?" Love that woman! I think I paid $100 for it originally, and that included delivery.

It doesn't have the matching lower half, but I found a bottom section to another plainer wood hutch that fits perfectly. And, as you can see in the pictures, the base isn't really noticeable from the other side of the bar.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-29 8:38 pm   Permalink

TT- looks awesome, great place to kick back n have a drink.
I like your bathroom art, you should to the art swaps when they pop up.
The new lamp is sweet.
Keep up the fun

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-29 9:35 pm   Permalink

I love that hutch..and your painting is very Gauguinish...NICE JOB!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-03-15 04:29 am   Permalink

It's been a while, but I snapped off several pics of the Hoodoo Hut this evening while enjoying a few Mai Tais and listening to a CD of the Tikiyaki Orchestra.

No major changes, but a few small tweaks here and there:

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 10:29 am   Permalink

The hutch is magnificent and if I had a tiki bathroom I'd definitely hang that shower curtain! It's cute.

and I agree with Jon, you should definitely participate in the next art swap! I have and I think you have more talent than I do!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-03-15 7:18 pm   Permalink

Thanks!

The art swaps are fun. The last one I did was the Undersea Swap, which I really enjoyed.

It's been hectic around here, lately, though. When I get a chance, I'll have to do another one.

1of42
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-03-27 7:45 pm   Permalink

Very groovy space, and what a wonderful collection! That hutch is perfect.

View Profile of 1of42 Send a personal message to 1of42      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BayIslander
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-29 2:10 pm   Permalink

Wow do I love that light and hutch! You bring Great collection and great room!

Cheers!
Jon

View Profile of BayIslander Send a personal message to BayIslander      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MondoMcGonzo
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-03-29 6:24 pm   Permalink

Hey now- is that a ceramic bust of Tarman from Return of the Living Dead? I know it couldn't be a mug, could it??
DETAILS PLEASE!

View Profile of MondoMcGonzo Send a personal message to MondoMcGonzo  Goto the website of MondoMcGonzo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-03-29 11:58 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the compliments!

I keep finding stuff to add to the room. Yesterday I found one of those round rattan banded shelf units that just needs a couple of pieces of cut glass shelving to make it complete. I don't have any wall space left, but it was only $8, so I picked it up and will use it later, maybe in a future version of the Hoodoo Hut.

I don't have a bust of the tar man, but I think you might be looking at the zombie mug on the left middle section of the hutch which is a cool Munktiki mug with removable magnetic eyes and ears that can be taken out and changed around. This was the first issue of the Magno Zombie which has been long sold out, but you can get the smiley version here:

http://www.munktiki.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_130&products_id=1287

Tiki-kitty
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-08 10:15 am   Permalink

Killer looking place- I LOVE the bamboo hutch: what a score!!

View Profile of Tiki-kitty Send a personal message to Tiki-kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 10:37 am   Permalink

love love love it!!! especially the orange hanging lamp and the tiki shower curtain!!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 2:41 pm   Permalink

I just noticed this thread. The place looks great. Keep up the good work.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation