FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » The Hoodoo Hut
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
The Hoodoo Hut
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-04-08 10:01 pm   Permalink

Thanks, everyone.

I have a couple more small additions. The first is a little bamboo and rattan chest that fits my record collection beautifully. I was able to take the records off the shelf and make more room for what I'm expecting to be a successful run of Tiki Magazines now that they've started back up again.

Also, I have another swag lamp waiting to get restrung with a longer cord. I plan on hanging it across from the round orange one on the side of the window at some point.

It's a never ending process…

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 05:29 am   Permalink

I love that green swag lamp.

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:48 am   Permalink

I just stopped by for a visit and looked at all of your pages. Great room and collection, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-07-28 11:50 pm   Permalink

Couple more additions. My wife got me a great record player/CD player/tape player combo that has a vintage look and can supposedly burn vinyl to CD. So far, I've only used the record player and the radio features, but I hope to experiment with the recording features later. I sweated where I was going to fit this in the room for a day or so and then decided to keep it on my bamboo straight-back chair that nobody ever sits in. Everybody either takes a comfy chair or a barstool, so I think the player has found a home front and center.

This last pic is of a mask that my friend, Daniel, found for me at a local garage sale last weekend. I was thinking about hanging it on the closet door it's propped up in front of, but it weighs about 40 lbs and I don't want to risk tearing up the door. I think he looks good where he is with a net full of coconuts beside him in case he needs a light snack.

View Profile of Trader Tom Send a personal message to Trader Tom  Email Trader Tom Goto the website of Trader Tom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-07-30 2:45 pm   Permalink

What a fun place to hang out. I really enjoyed looking at your collection. I found my War God bank! Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2014-07-31 7:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Wendy!

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-02 9:57 pm   Permalink

Me like...

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2015-02-12 10:05 pm   Permalink

I realized I haven't updated in a while. Here's a couple of things that are new:

I added the Arthurium made of monkey pod. It's about the only plant I can't kill, apparently. Sort of like putting together tinker toys, but I like it.

This big fella I picked up today. You might have seen me walking around the streets of Portland with it, trying to remember where I parked.

Largest Kava Kava man I've ever come across and my wife let me buy it.

That's why she's my Valentine!

ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-13 12:18 am   Permalink

That kava kava piece is awesome!!!

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tamminjoe
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-13 1:29 pm   Permalink

Great Garage sale find!

View Profile of tamminjoe Send a personal message to tamminjoe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Tom

Posted: 2015-10-19 10:36 pm   Permalink

I am back in California once again and the Portland Hoodoo Room is no more. A little sad...

However, that means I get to re-create the Hoodoo Room once again with a brand new blank canvas!

All the Tiki stuff is in the room now but 75% is still in boxes.

Also, while our movers did an awesome job with the packing, the labeling was a little vague, so I'm scrambling to find stuff and the house is probably going to be an ongoing puzzle for a couple of months.

The Hoodoo Room is BIGGER and now has back glass doors that open out to a PATIO which is cool. It also has built-in shelves and a brick gas fireplace with mantle shelf.

On the down side, the front entrance is five foot wide and has no door to keep out pesky kids and small white dogs.

I've currently closed off the entrance with a couple of bookcases, but am planning to build a five panel screen using large outdoor shutters or perhaps louvered closet doors.

Also, I can't paint the room. I sorta got away with painting the last place but this time is a no go. However, I will hang a lot of art and maybe some tapa cloth.

In any case, here are some progress pics. Really no progress, but it shows the starting point...

Trader Tom

Posted: 2016-03-30 9:45 pm   Permalink

Here is the latest from the Hoodoo Hut.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-03-30 10:21 pm   Permalink

Very nice and inviting, love your collection.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-04-07 03:01 am   Permalink

Cary Grant - The man with the power of hoodoo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU9wLjk4II8

Hey, you remind me of a man.
What man?
Man with the power.
What power?
Power of hoodoo.
Hoodoo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of a man...

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2016-04-07 03:03 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mockingbird
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2016-04-07 07:27 am   Permalink

Tom,

That hutch is amazing! Me thinks you need a fish tank to match.

View Profile of Mockingbird Send a personal message to Mockingbird      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation