FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Caliente 5 Room Crawl 2013
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente 5 Room Crawl 2013
Sunshine Tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-05-14 10:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-13 20:38, heylownine wrote:

kevin

Getting awfully fancy there. Can't wait to sip!

View Profile of Sunshine Tiki Send a personal message to Sunshine Tiki  Email Sunshine Tiki Goto the website of Sunshine Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikifrog
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-15 4:22 pm   Permalink

Almost ready!

View Profile of Tikifrog Send a personal message to Tikifrog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-05-16 12:38 am   Permalink

The Chief Kopi Kopi
Room 216
Saturday, May 18, 2013
5:00 PM

kevin

http://twitter.com/heylownine

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki

Posted: 2013-05-16 01:49 am   Permalink

Just finished many gallons of each cocktail we are serving at Tiki Caliente! Try "Jeannie's Wish" and "Coconut Mele." And if you own or buy one of our limited Moai Mugs, you can try our very tasty secret drink!

View Profile of Sunshine Tiki Send a personal message to Sunshine Tiki  Email Sunshine Tiki Goto the website of Sunshine Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki

Posted: 2013-05-16 01:53 am   Permalink

Now doesn't this look like fun! I have had a blast organizing the room crawl this year. We have new mixers and seasoned cocktail masters showing off over a dozen cocktails. See you at the crawl and room parties! Tip your bartender.

PiPhiRho

Posted: 2013-05-17 12:29 pm   Permalink

Saturday, 4:30

Room as yet unknown (I think it is either 117 or 118).

Well I would post the flyer, but image upload isn't working and I don't have all day.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunshine Tiki

Posted: 2013-05-17 4:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-17 12:29, PiPhiRho wrote:
Saturday, 4:30

Room as yet unknown (I think it is either 117 or 118).

Well I would post the flyer, but image upload isn't working and I don't have all day.

We will update the main poster as soon as we get the room number.

Sunshine Tiki

Posted: 2013-05-19 5:56 pm   Permalink

A big mahalo to all who attended and hosted the room crawl at the event. This was the first year that Zen Tiki Lounge has organized the crawl and we had a blast doing. Tasting drinks from the newcomers and the veterans was a pleasure. Over Friday and Saturday we tried 18 cocktails, visited 12 rooms and met great people. Can't wait to start planning the next event.

Winners of the cocktail/party contest......

Best/Most Interesting Decor: Lahaina Lounge
Best Cocktail: PiPhiRho
Overall Best Room: Flaming Tiki Lounge

Congratulations to the winners and to all who showed off their drinks and helped entertain over 500 guests. A true accomplishment.

Listen to episode 277 of Zen Tiki Lounge podcast to hear our LIVE recording from TC5

http://www.zentikilounge

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 7:32 pm   Permalink

heylownine's (Kevin & Val) cocktail was sublime!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-19 9:07 pm   Permalink

Room crawls were awesome!! Like to give a shout out to The agents of H.U.L.A for a great Harvey Wallbanger and your dancer was stellar dancing to the Ghastly Ones.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikibear69
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-20 08:17 am   Permalink

I wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that visited on Saturday, 11:30 a.m. for our Hair of the Bear room crawl.
This was only my second tiki event and first room crawl hosting.

My friend JP was our expert drink designer. My partner Martin and friend Mike helped ensure everyone got the pineapple, mint, candied ginger garnish added to all the drinks that were flowing quite nicely.

It was a great first experience and we'll definitely do it again, adding some new layers of sophistication that we learned from others hosting the room crawls.

[ This Message was edited by: Tikibear69 2013-05-21 10:11 ]

View Profile of Tikibear69 Send a personal message to Tikibear69  Email Tikibear69     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-05-20 10:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-19 19:32, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
heylownine's (Kevin & Val) cocktail was sublime!

Thanks ATP!

And thanks to the other generous crawlers who stopped by our room to try the Chief Kopi Kopi. Hopefully you also snagged the recipe postcard - #1 in a new series (check the "cancelation" on the postcard's stamp if you have one). Collect them all and relish that you have a number 1! Thank you Tonga Tom for designing the card, and to Eric October and Sherriyaki for their suggestions on the layout (hope I am not forgetting anyone but that project started in a bar and the memories are a bit murky).

Special thanks to professional TC lurkers Val and Karen: without them you'd still be in line for your cocktail because I'd be trying to ice, dispense, shake, pour, and garnish 100 cocktails by myself.

Mahalo!

kevin

View Profile of heylownine Send a personal message to heylownine  Email heylownine Goto the website of heylownine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho

Posted: 2013-05-21 09:47 am   Permalink

Soaking the garnish in orange flower water... that is inspired! Excellent drink.

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-21 9:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all who came by the Lahaina Lounge & got your glow on. Thanks for all the great compliments on the drink & the decorations.
A special thanks goes to Sunshine Tiki for organizing the crawl.

Lahaina Hula Fizz: 2oz. Bacardi Dragonberry Rum
.75oz Malibu Coconut Rum
dollop of vanilla ice cream
3.5oz Squirt

Chill rum first, pour in both rums, add ice cream, pour in Squirt & give a stir.
Double it up in a tall glass & add ice for a great pool side drink.

Thanks again,
Mike, Karen & Amanda

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
heylownine

Posted: 2013-05-21 10:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-21 09:47, PiPhiRho wrote:
Soaking the garnish in orange flower water... that is inspired! Excellent drink.

Thank you! And congrats on your cocktail; it was great.

That reminds me - as a tip to crawl hosts: make sure you have a designated drink runner to help you taste other hosts' cocktails. You're likely to be busy preparing your own cocktail for an hour or more before you host. That may conflict with the crawl schedule. Pass some tip money to a friend and ask them to help get that cocktail for you so you can sample it while you prep (thanks Kim!). Without help I'd have missed 2 cocktails on the crawl.

Kevin

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation