FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki-Ti Closing 7/26/03
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki-Ti Closing 7/26/03
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-10 11:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-09 12:06, Unga Bunga wrote:
Mrs. B (Now I know what the B stands for),
For your insight, I have been bartending for 20 years in about 7 states, so don't lecture me about the hospitality business. Oh and before your next post, FREAKIN SWITCH TO DECAFF!

I've been served plenty of bad drinks by veteran bartenders. And I've been served excellent drinks by Mike Jr. at the Tiki Ti who's only been a bartender for a couple years. It's not how long you've been a bartender that counts.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 11:53 am   Permalink

I love the Tiki Ti and never said I didn't.

Re. to bartender experience:
Jab, your response of relevance to the post is not undersood.(?)

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-12 01:56 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-12 01:59 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-07-12 02:02 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 12:44 pm   Permalink

Hey,
I apologize to any T.C'er's feathers I ruffled. I should have just ignored the provocation, due to its level.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 1:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-10 11:13, DawnTiki wrote:
Play nice Unga B or don't play at all...no name calling on the playground. It sounds like your old enough to know better. Not Zazz!

Maybe it's just me, but "So...no more bitching....work it or be quiet!" isn't exactly playing nice, either. IMO That sounds like provication.

EDIT: By the way, this isn't me taking sides, I'm just saying that things like this have a way of escalating, normally not on purpose but from an initial point of miscommunication, that's all. Thanks for not taking it farther.

~Hanford

[ This Message was edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2003-07-10 15:07 ]

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 5:57 pm   Permalink

Holy Moly People!

I've been away a little while and didn't see how this thread was getting. I just wanted to let some of you know that Mike & Mike will be gone on a well deserved break. Some of us TC'ers were there last night. It was fun. If you're close enough to go to Tiki-Ti's, HAVE A DRINK AND RELAX....if you're not close enough, then by all means, get a drink SOMEWHERE and relax!

Mahalo!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 9:31 pm   Permalink

So, How was Tiki Ti last night you "TIKI FREAKS"!?

Oooops. You "All" know that I mean that in a good way right?

So, Do they deserve the month off?

Arggggggggggggg! (I need a month off!)

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-10 11:50 pm   Permalink

So anyway, back to Tiki Ti...

Do you guys have an "in" so we don't end up standing on the sidewalk all night? I'd like to meet some fellow TC'ers over some tropical grog.

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 12:00 am   Permalink

The best "in" for the Tiki Ti I can recommend is to show up there at 6 pm when they open! You will have some leeway if you choose a weeknight, methinks.

Hey Ben, it was a fun night last night, as you know doubt can imagine. We sat, we blabbed, we drank. The only thing missing was youse all.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 12:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-10 09:45, Unga Bunga wrote:
BAMBOO BITCH
And Aloha to you

Hanford,

Can you lock this post? They're (Tiki Ti) on vacation now............before WW3!!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 12:07 am   Permalink

aren't they open till July 26th?

View Profile of spy-tiki Send a personal message to spy-tiki  Email spy-tiki Goto the website of spy-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikivixen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 12:21 am   Permalink

Hi Spy-Tiki!

You KNOW who I am, heh heh.

I believe they are open till the 26th, yes. I have high hopes of being there either Fri the 18th and/or Sat 19th w/my film noir pal Al Rode, so...hopefully, we'll see you and perhaps some other TCers there!

I will post again about this in the Events thread, and/or this one, as the date draws nearer!

Cheers! and please, everyone just have a nice, cool, soothing OOGA BOOGA asap!

xoxox

tikivixen

View Profile of tikivixen Send a personal message to tikivixen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
spy-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 11:11 am   Permalink

Hey there Vix. Let me know when you're going and I'll swing by. 242-6313. Since the governor changed the rules I'm unemployed with plenty of free time.

Aloha

thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-11 12:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-11 00:21, tikivixen wrote:I have high hopes of being there either Fri the 18th and/or Sat 19th w/my film noir pal Al Rode, so...hopefully, we'll see you and perhaps some other TCers there!

Lisa, if you're going to be in town you really ought to consider taking Charles Phoenix's Pomona bus tour on the 19th. I wish I could go!

http://www.godblessamericana.com/PomonafieldtripJuly19.html

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 2:59 pm   Permalink

Hey, wait a minute so what happened with the plans for meeting over at Tiki Tis? This conversation has been totally sidetracked. What do you guys think - another Tiki Central night there before it closes? This time I will bring my camera.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-11 3:46 pm   Permalink

Well we already did a Tiki-Ti gathering on 7/9, but it doesn't mean we can't do it again before they go on vacation....and yes, the last day is Saturday, July 26th. It's on the calendar.

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation