Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Toasting Bahooka
Toasting Bahooka
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 09:45 am   Permalink

Even though no one will be able to cross that wonderful threshold, again & tonight's events have been canceled, I encourage you all to join me in a "so-long" toast to Bahooka at 7:30 PM, Pacific time. I will be in my lounge toasting with my Bahooka mugs. Weather you're in you home bar, Don's, Tiki Ti, Tonga Hut or some other Tiki-friendly environment, please post pics of your toast, on this thread, as one last fond memory of one of the most amazing places I've ever had the pleasure of visiting.
Aloha, Bahooka!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robtikiti
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-10 2:00 pm   Permalink

Apologies for the cross-post from the events thread, but thought everyone might be interested.

For those in the Los Angeles area who were planning on going to Bahooka tonight, Tonga Hut just posted this on their Facebook page:

"Tribute to the legendary Bahooka tonight, beginning at 4.
Toast at 6, wherever you are.
Serving the 'Ruffus' created by our own Marie King, garnished with a carrot stick!"

View Profile of robtikiti Send a personal message to robtikiti  Goto the website of robtikiti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 2:03 pm   Permalink

That works, too. Wherever you are, whenever you toast, please post your pics here for posterity.

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WestADad
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-10 6:46 pm   Permalink

Just came in from moving snow. Here's to you Bahooka from Lincoln Nebraska.

Farewell!

Chris Abbott

View Profile of WestADad Send a personal message to WestADad  Email WestADad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lukeulele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 8:13 pm   Permalink

OK, so technically, it's my 3rd toast, but who's counting?

From the So. Calif desert, Salute!

View Profile of Lukeulele Send a personal message to Lukeulele  Email Lukeulele Goto the website of Lukeulele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 8:25 pm   Permalink

Farewell, Bahooka from The Mauna Kai Lounge in frozen New England.

Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-03-10 9:48 pm   Permalink

Toasting Bahooka from Osteria Mozza in Los Angeles with an Il Postino - the one rum drink on the menu.

I need a haircut!

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-10 11:27 pm   Permalink

Toasted the Bahooka tonight at the Tonga Hut memorial gathering with Marie's special "Rufus" drink.

Flaming in a standard Bahooka bowl with a carrot garnish no less.

Commemorated by Eric October's amazing art.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
robtikiti
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-11 01:17 am   Permalink

The Ruffus cocktail, including carrot garnish, at Tonga Hut, in front of mini Bahooka sign by Eric October...

View Profile of robtikiti Send a personal message to robtikiti  Goto the website of robtikiti     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation