FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Proposed Swamp Fire Lounge Tiki mug design
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Proposed Swamp Fire Lounge Tiki mug design
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 5:36 pm   Permalink

Hi all,
10 years ago I opened my online website to sell my art. I've always wanted to produce a Swamp Fire Lounge Tiki mug based on the name of my website.
Here is a proposed sketch I did for the mug. What do you guys think?
Your comments are welcome, I have a thick skin when it comes to criticism so let it fly if you don't like it or have some thoughts.
My goal is to have it ready to sell by Tiki Oasis this year.

The Art of Doug Horne
http://www.swampfirelounge.com/

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
zerostreet
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 5:43 pm   Permalink

Awesome! Are you gonna try to sculpt it?

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 5:44 pm   Permalink

I like it, I like it a lot

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-11 5:44 pm   Permalink

It's a nice mug, but it doesn't look very swampy or very fiery.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-03-11 5:47 pm   Permalink

Maybe a volcano in the swamp. You could have an alligator or two on there somewhere. Or better yet, maybe a fire-breathing alligator tiki.

Or better yet, an alligator tiki wearing sunglasses, holding a microphone, smoking a cigarette. You've got swamp represented by the alligator, fire represented by the cigarette, and lounge represented by the sunglasses, microphone, and cigarette---he's a lounge singer. GROG genius. You should consult GROG more often.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-11 17:53 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-03-11 6:09 pm   Permalink

Maybe a swampgas nozzle with an igniter? Nuthin' says SwampFire like THAT!

I like it Doug

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 6:41 pm   Permalink

where do the batteries go?
do the eyes light up?
can I call it Swampy?

Me likey Dougie!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-11 6:44 pm   Permalink

That'll be in my collection!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 09:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 17:47, GROG wrote:
Maybe a volcano in the swamp. You could have an alligator or two on there somewhere. Or better yet, maybe a fire-breathing alligator tiki.

Or better yet, an alligator tiki wearing sunglasses, holding a microphone, smoking a cigarette. You've got swamp represented by the alligator, fire represented by the cigarette, and lounge represented by the sunglasses, microphone, and cigarette---he's a lounge singer. GROG genius. You should consult GROG more often.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate
[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-03-11 17:53 ]

Grog have great ideas...for a Cave Man.

The Art of Doug Horne

View Profile of Swamp Fire Send a personal message to Swamp Fire  Email Swamp Fire Goto the website of Swamp Fire     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 09:26 am   Permalink

That's a great looking mug and with glaze it will be outstanding. I'm looking forward to seeing it all done, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 09:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-03-11 17:43, zerostreet wrote:
Awesome! Are you gonna try to sculpt it?

Since I'm not a ceramics guy it would look nothing like the sketch. I leave the ceramics part of it to the professionals.

The Art of Doug Horne

Swamp Fire
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 09:31 am   Permalink

Thanks for all the input everyone! I really appreciate it.
So many directions I could take this mug. I've always been a fan of the Marquesan style Tiki so I chose to go that direction.
The challenge comes in keeping it traditional yet add my own influence to the design.

More to come...

The Art of Doug Horne

Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 09:40 am   Permalink

I agree with GROG but what about a snapping alligator inside the mug like this Hippo Attack mug?

Inside features are long overdue for Tiki Mugs.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 11:20 am   Permalink

I got your Inside features.......Right Here!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-12 11:46 am   Permalink

I'm glad to hear that you like the Marquesans. By far one of my favorite designs.

I'm not sold on the bottom. I like the idea, but I'm not 100% on it. The back of the mug in general seems kind of bare. I think that's what bothers me.

Love the top half.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation