FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-15 09:52, AceExplorer wrote:
Darren - and a good time was had by all! How did you rate/enjoy the drinks and the food?

Id give the food 7/10
drinks 7.5/10
decor 9/10

I was a little (just a little) disappointed in the special effects, they were cool but this is Disney! That tentacle could have had better movement.

cheers
Darren

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:29 am   Permalink

Thanks for the ratings.

Many have commented on the animations/effects being a bit thin. It's as if Disney is licking their wounds from maintenance activities (and costs) for effects in other venues, and so they built stuff into Sam's which is fairly easy to operate and maintain over the long-haul. Although the volcano eruptions (and related projections in the windows) are superb - they have few or no moving parts other than a digital projector and mirrors.

It is a fun place.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-15 10:29, AceExplorer wrote:
Although the volcano eruptions (and related projections in the windows) are superb - they have few or no moving parts other than a digital projector and mirrors.

It is a fun place.

Totally agree, the volcano eruptions are FANTASTIC! Better (different?) than Anaheim.

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:50 am   Permalink

I had/have zero problems with the windows at Grog Grotto - the effects are indeed an improvement over Enchanted Tiki Bar. I don't expect nor really desire anything animatronic, moving etc (they have a swinging squid tentacle). Your ratings I think are fair (enjoyed the pics on instagram), and of course you add another point to the service improvement plan. I've heard that cast members there have been receiving feedback from various online sources (maybe here too?) regarding the need to tone back a bit.

You went home with a Nautilus, right? I can't remember.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 11:00 am   Permalink

I did indeed buy the nautilus mug!

AceExplorer
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 11 days ago; 11:43 am   Permalink

Two Trader Sam's Nautilus mugs are currently for sale on eBay. Prices are $112 and $125. If people are actually paying that much, then it might be easy to finance a fun night of eating and drinking at Sam's on other eBayer's dimes.

I looked but did not find any of the old Trader Vic's Nautilus shell mugs currently listed.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 11 days ago; 1:01 pm   Permalink

That is pretty common with the merch events too, they re-sell the items (prior to even going) to pay for the trip.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 11 days ago; 10:14 pm   Permalink

According to a friend of mine who is down there right now, they were out of the Nautilus mugs earlier in the week. Poo! I hope they get some more in before she leaves, since she's my only hope for getting one at less than triple or quadruple the price (once shipping is added).

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TrophyHunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 6 days ago; 08:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-05 19:03, mmaurice wrote:
The only way to get the glasses is with the drink.

You can get the drink without the glasses at the reduced rate but not the other way around.

While sitting in the bar, they do serve all the drinks in the appropriate glass. If you are buying the drink with the glass, you get a separate receipt and pick up a brand new one as you leave.

If you sit on the Terrace, can you still take home a mug?

View Profile of TrophyHunter Send a personal message to TrophyHunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 09:39 am   Permalink

As long as you let your server know you wish to purchase, yes.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TrophyHunter
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 6 days ago; 11:03 am   Permalink

Thanks. Good to know they will serve you in the mugs outside. Going in November and I am hoping the wait will be less if I say we'll sit on the Terrace.

View Profile of TrophyHunter Send a personal message to TrophyHunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 6 days ago; 11:48 am   Permalink

Get your pager, then go wait on the terrace, enjoy the music, and look over the menu and begin ordering. The time passes quickly, and sometimes the wait is much less than what they tell you at the door.

TikiHardBop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 6 days ago; 2:44 pm   Permalink

Or in less time, you could be at The Storm Shelter where there is no waiting!

(Sorry, couldn't resist!)

View Profile of TikiHardBop Send a personal message to TikiHardBop  Goto the website of TikiHardBop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mmaurice
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 5 days ago; 05:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-20 09:39, kkocka wrote:
As long as you let your server know you wish to purchase, yes.

Same process as outside as inside. When you are done, they give you a receipt to take to the hostess stand inside. There they give you brand new mugs, in a box, in a bag to go.

View Profile of mmaurice Send a personal message to mmaurice      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 5 days ago; 05:32 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-05-20 14:44, TikiHardBop wrote:
Or in less time, you could be at The Storm Shelter where there is no waiting!

And where a good time is ALWAYS had by all!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation