FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT


advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 13, 2014
Posts: 266
From: Miami, FL
Posted: Today; 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-04-24 09:59, kkocka wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-04-22 07:27, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
Here's the thing. I got to see TSGG in an unorthodox way, I'm not at liberty to really get into it, and I'm eager to see it under show conditions. Can we leave it at that? Sorry I ruffled some feathers.



Yeah, see, I don't quite buy that either. Even my cast member friends who worked on the place or on things related to that place were hardly let in but maybe two or three times at most before cast member test runs. You're saying somebody at WDI gave you a peek before it was up and running? Yeah yeah I know, you said an unorthodox way, but just tacking on another reason why people are calling you out on and offline alike.

For that matter, a handful of us on the boards got to see it in unorthodox ways too, but we can't get into it. Look there's no prize for having been there already and if you haven't been there that's cool too. It's not going anywhere, so there's no real bragging rights for having been there. I probably won't ever be able to visit there again, or not in many many years. I just have a problem with all this vagueness, all this mystery, the "online celebrity" thing. Hey, maybe I'm full of shit and I'm 100% wrong though. If that's the case then I unabashedly tip my hat.

Buy whatever you want to buy or not. Like I said, I'm not comfortable talking about what I saw and when I saw it out of courtesy for others. People can call me out all they want.... but, honestly, everyone I have encountered in this community has been pleasant.

I quite agree in that there's no prize with being there first and that there are no bragging rights. My comments were not meant to insinuate that there were.



 
View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 13, 2014
Posts: 266
From: Miami, FL
Posted: Today; 6:28 pm   Permalink

ANYWAY, if we can move past all of this... Seems like waits have evened out to about an hour to get in. Crowds drop off around 9-10 and the place seems to get quiet after The Magic Kingdom usually closes for the night.

On one hand, I'm a little worried that it's not pulling people constantly... but I'm also pleased that TSGG will have its quieter times.
_________________
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram! @EPCOTExplorer


 
View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Joined: Apr 03, 2008
Posts: 1094
From: Deep in the Jacksonville Florida jungle.
Posted: Today; 7:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-04-24 18:28, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
On one hand, I'm a little worried that it's not pulling people constantly... but I'm also pleased that TSGG will have its quieter times.



Heh, I think the same is true for the hotel pool or the guest laundry. And it's also true for Sam's at Disneyland. I don't think this is an issue -- Grog Grotto is important icing on the resort cake. It's a valuable and crowd-pleasing amenity which was built not to be constantly mobbed but to quiet down at times and allow people to absorb it and relax and tell stories when they get back home.

So there we have it - I put Grog Grotto in the same category as a laundromat!


 
View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 13, 2014
Posts: 266
From: Miami, FL
Posted: Today; 7:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-04-24 19:38, AceExplorer wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-04-24 18:28, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
On one hand, I'm a little worried that it's not pulling people constantly... but I'm also pleased that TSGG will have its quieter times.



-- Grog Grotto is important icing on the resort cake.

This is a really important point, now that the lobby waterfalls are gone. If there's a major draw for the resort these days, it's probably Sam's.

And Ohana, now that I think about it, too.


 
View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Joined: Apr 03, 2008
Posts: 1094
From: Deep in the Jacksonville Florida jungle.
Posted: Today; 8:38 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-04-24 19:49, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
[AceExplorer: Grog Grotto is important icing on the resort cake.]
This is a really important point, now that the lobby waterfalls are gone. If there's a major draw for the resort these days, it's probably Sam's.

And Ohana, now that I think about it, too.



I think I know what you mean. I try very hard not to overlook the Polynesian theming as a whole, and the sheer beauty of the entire resort, and how they work together to weave the fabric of the Polynesian Resort experience. To me Ohana, Grog Grotto, etc. are each an element of a greater combined experience and fabric. So I wouldn't put Grog Grotto on too high of a pedestal by calling it a major draw, because that is an injustice to the many other very good things at the resort.

In your private sneak-peaks, perhaps you got to speak to one of the Imagineers or show designers? They might have shared with you their vision for some guests (not all) to wander in and discover Sam's quite by accident. Can you imagine never having heard of Sam's, and suddenly becoming immersed in it and overtaken by it? This is why I see Sam's as icing for some -- and the cherry for others.


 
View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Joined: May 13, 2014
Posts: 266
From: Miami, FL
Posted: Today; 9:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-04-24 20:38, AceExplorer wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-04-24 19:49, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
[AceExplorer: Grog Grotto is important icing on the resort cake.]
This is a really important point, now that the lobby waterfalls are gone. If there's a major draw for the resort these days, it's probably Sam's.

And Ohana, now that I think about it, too.



I think I know what you mean. I try very hard not to overlook the Polynesian theming as a whole, and the sheer beauty of the entire resort, and how they work together to weave the fabric of the Polynesian Resort experience. To me Ohana, Grog Grotto, etc. are each an element of a greater combined experience and fabric. So I wouldn't put Grog Grotto on too high of a pedestal by calling it a major draw, because that is an injustice to the many other very good things at the resort.

In your private sneak-peaks, perhaps you got to speak to one of the Imagineers or show designers? They might have shared with you their vision for some guests (not all) to wander in and discover Sam's quite by accident. Can you imagine never having heard of Sam's, and suddenly becoming immersed in it and overtaken by it? This is why I see Sam's as icing for some -- and the cherry for others.

I don't disagree with that at all....evaluating how everything fits together is probably the most logical way for viewing Disney's parks and their resorts, too, I guess.

However, in the scheme of things, and how Disney has added to the place and what they're promoting? Sam's is probably going to take the lead.


 
View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 )
U-Moderate:
  
v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation