FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki The Tiki Lodge, Modesto, CA (hotel)
The Tiki Lodge, Modesto, CA (hotel)
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 08:13 am   Permalink

Name:The Tiki Lodge
Type:hotel
Street:936 McHenry Ave.
City:Modesto
State:CA
Zip:95350
Phone:

Description:
The Tiki Lodge. (formerly Rodeway Inn, formerly Tropics Hotel, next to The Tiki Lounge, Tiki Cocktails

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 08:17 am   Permalink

Their new logo and sign out front along McHenry.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

[ Edited by: Bora Boris - Did some straightening. - 2013-03-14 21:37 ]

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-14 9:34 pm   Permalink

Cool! When did it become the Tiki Lodge? Last time we were in Modesto, it was some kind of city run low-income housing facility.

Glad to see it's back, and with a tiki name, no less!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 5:22 pm   Permalink

Hey Eric, not sure when the change. I was driving up McHenry and saw it the other day. Next time I'll have a look around. Maybe maybe we have come full circle and it will get better, but at least they are not razing the place.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 8:09 pm   Permalink

Ha, how cool! For me, things have already come full circle in seeing this sign using the Hanalei Hotel Tiki from my photo in the Book of Tiki:

He is already the most copied BOT image in the Tiki Revival, but to see him appear on the sign of an authentic Tiki Motel & lounge is really cool

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 8:39 pm   Permalink

Hey how cool is that bigbro. Cheers! We need more "full circles".

tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 10:22 pm   Permalink

Yeah, I thought I recognized that tiki! Congrats again, Sven! (if congratulations are in order...)

And Vic, you're right, we should thank the Tiki Gods that it wasn't razed to become some non-tiki establishment!

Long live Tiki!!!

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 10:54 pm   Permalink

Sort of a double post, much more info here:

Tropics Modesto

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-15 11:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link DC. I couldn't find it.

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-16 07:15 am   Permalink

Yeah, those newspaper clippings on the last page of that thread were great finds, DC!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
abstractiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-17 8:02 pm   Permalink

That's awesome news, maybe all the tiki people stopping by to tell them how cool the place used to be got them thinking.

It's so great that some owner sees the value of Tiki and not some Ramada inn Motel 6 wanabe crap.

View Profile of abstractiki Send a personal message to abstractiki  Email abstractiki Goto the website of abstractiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-03-18 07:36 am   Permalink

or perhaps they saw the value of the history. I drove thru the parking lot Saturday afternoon. All 4 tikis remain. Only 5 cars in the parking lot. But it was clean.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation