FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Bahooka To Be Reborn!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Bahooka To Be Reborn!
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-20 7:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-20 19:09, RevBambooBen wrote:
Johnny Depp should adopt Rufus!! Anyone here know him?

Yes!!
Me and Rufus shared a carrot together once.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2014-01-20 19:27 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-20 7:24 pm   Permalink

Oh Myyy!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Deleted

Posted: 2014-01-20 8:29 pm   Permalink

Tell us more Kevin.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-24 5:28 pm   Permalink

God I hope Cliffton's café will have better food and drinks than Bahookas!!! God we went there the last week and it was horrible!!! the drinks sucked and the food was terrible!!! I was ready to dive in and eat one of the fish in the tanks!!! really sad my last memory of that place is not very good!!!

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-24 5:53 pm   Permalink

Yes, Bahooka's was an amazing place with absolutely terrible drinks & food
we always ate before going ourselves.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-24 9:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-24 17:28, Pele Paul wrote:
God I hope Cliffton's café will have better food and drinks than Bahookas!!!

Clifton's is/was a buffet, so one can see before selecting and eating.
While I also think Bahooka's menu, or kitchen, possibly could have used improvement, I have always enjoyed the cuisine at Clifton's.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-20 1:52 pm   Permalink

Just returned from another lunch today (10/20/15) at Clifton's Brookdale. Previously, I'd heard the 4th floor tiki bar will open Halloween. Saturday night I was told it would open in December. I saw on Yelp that someone got a preview of what it looks like and here's what they said: "Level Four: Tiki bar and tree top lounge. TIKI BAR in DTLA!!! Sold. Open in a few weeks, this is gonna be awesome. There's a huge 70 year old, larger than life wooden Tiki to welcome you in. Old school maps and trains adorn the entry. Then, the bar is cut in half literally by a hand-carved amazing speedboat! It's like we're straight in 70s Waikiki. Hawaiian shirts encouraged."

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-21 03:12 am   Permalink

Clifton's food game has really been stepped up to the next level. The other sections were really looking great and if they're any indication, the tiki bar is going to be amazing. I talked Andrew Meieran during the preview opening of Clifton's and he was saying that they really got so much of Bahooka's stuff that it's really just taking the old and elevating with some new bells and whistles.

No clue on when the opening is since, hell, they bumped the opening of Clifton's by a couple of weeks after that preview night. So it's always just a flowing process.

Made good with one of the employees who chatted about the tiki bar and yeah, it's going to be amazing.

The lounge on the same level as the future tiki bar will eventually be turned into a steak house. So yeah, this multi level bar/adult fun zone is going to have so much to do and see.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-10-21 05:34 am   Permalink

FYI,
The steak house and the Tiki bar are on completely different floors..steak house=3rd floor.,Tiki bar=4th floor..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-22 12:42 am   Permalink

Don't believe everything you read on Wikipedia.
https://www.zagat.com/b/los-angeles/what-you-need-to-know-about-cliftons-cafeteria-reopening

"A fourth-floor restaurant will be an American steakhouse menu"

http://laist.com/2015/08/15/cliftons_reopening.php

"The fourth floor will be home to the Treetops bar and lounge, and will also have a steakhouse that will open later on. Also on the floor is a tiki bar called Pacific Seas."

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/06/fashion/andrew-meieran-cliftons-cafeteria.html?_r=0

"The fourth-floor offices are being turned into two more bars — one tiki themed, where “rain” will storm — and a steakhouse."

Also was told by an employee who I talked to for some time while I was chilling in that 4th floor area. Got to see the door way to the tiki bar as well with the globe and plane lit up. They had been given the tour of the place many times and were really excited about the tiki bar.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki

Posted: 2015-10-22 05:22 am   Permalink

I was the general contractor on a large portion of this remodel..4th floor =pacific seas tiki bar and tree tops bar.no steak house.
The steak house will be on the 3rd floor banquet room area..FACT..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-22 11:01 pm   Permalink

See, now this is just getting into the realm of totem swinging.

You may have been a general contractor on some of this project, but the press releases (going out to media in the links above) and various current employees say otherwise.

What you were working off of could have very well changed. Especially since I was at the opening and had talked to Andrew Meieran about the plans for that top floor. So I think I'll take the word of the building owner.

Yet another from the DT News quoting Maieran as well;
Quote:
The fourth floor holds the Treetops bar and lounge; the design is Art Deco, with the redwood replica’s needle-like leaves creating a canopy overhead. Through a nearby doorway is a tiki bar named Pacific Seas. Decorations include a 1939 Chris Craft boat and tiki pieces from Bahooka restaurant in Rosemead, which closed in 2013. Meieran said he expects to open the bars and an American steakhouse menu on the floor by the end of the year.

But hey, why the fuck not take the word of a contractor as fact over the owner himself...

How about this, we stop this pointless back and forth and put money where thy mouth is. When it's open, if the steak house, which why the fuck even bring that up or attempt to correct someone on a Tiki forum?!, if it's on the floor you say it is, the third, then I'll buy you a steak dinner and round of tiki drinks. But equally, if the steak house is on the floor I, employees and even the building owner state it is, the adjacent door from the tiki bar on that top floor, then you buy me a steak and a round of tiki drinks.

Enough of this tiki drama, as Bamboo Ben would put it, there's no room for such silly back and forth - FACT. I was simply reporting what multiple employees and even higher ups who were there to answer questions on that night of the L.A. Conservancy event - and I have no fucking clue as to why they would lie. My guess, at one point that 3rd floor was set to be the steak house, but the plans have changed as multiple sources have pointed out and go against your "FACT"

So hey, up for the wager?

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackskeleton 2015-10-22 23:04 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tikijackskeleton 2015-10-23 02:26 ]

ron-tiki

Posted: 2015-10-23 07:46 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: ron-tiki 2015-10-23 09:03 ]

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-23 12:21 pm   Permalink

Well, someone here is strung a bit tight.....

TongaT
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-23 3:04 pm   Permalink

Do we care what floor anything is on? I appreciate the updates on status and some details on the plans but as long as once it's open somebody can point me in the right direction to get a drink I'll be happy

And if I end up in the steakhouse because I'm on the wrong floor that might work out ok too.

View Profile of TongaT Send a personal message to TongaT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2016 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation