FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Don Ho @ Barracuda Magazine 5th anniv. party Aug. 9th!
Don Ho @ Barracuda Magazine 5th anniv. party Aug. 9th!
barracudamag

Posted: 2003-07-03 7:26 pm   Permalink

Don Ho is going to be playing in Los Angeles at Barracuda Magazine's 5th Anniversary Party at the Key Club, August 9th. He will be accompanied by his daughter, Hoku.

The show is called "Night Of The Tiki" and will also feature the instrumental surf stylings of The Dynotones, plus Tiki Goddess Burlesque Exotica & Special Guests!

There will also be a Shag tiki print art show curated by Copro/Nason Gallery, and new Shag tiki prints will be released that night!

for all the info, visit
www.barracudamagazine.com and click on the "live events" link.

The Key Club is at 9039 Sunset Blvd. W Hollywood, CA - 310.274.5800

View Profile of barracudamag Send a personal message to barracudamag  Goto the website of barracudamag     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikichic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 12:18 am   Permalink

Sounds like a great event however is the new Shag prints that you're talking about in conjunction with the Kava Kava and the Bartender that Copro is releasing or something entirely different?

View Profile of tikichic Send a personal message to tikichic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 10:52 am   Permalink

Wow! That's great! I hope you get a big crowd for your event. Unfortunately, there might not be too many TC'ers at the show since it is The 1st Annual International Tiki Day being celebrated at TC's Baxdogs tropical paradise in Tustin. We might have to catch The Don on Sunday at The Coach House.

Good luck on your event!

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
barracudamag

Posted: 2003-07-31 7:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-04 00:18, tikichic wrote:
Sounds like a great event however is the new Shag prints that you're talking about in conjunction with the Kava Kava and the Bartender that Copro is releasing or something entirely different?

It will be those two prints, plus a new print of Don Ho (the Shag image from the invite), hopefully signed by both Shag AND Don Ho.

View Profile of barracudamag Send a personal message to barracudamag  Goto the website of barracudamag     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 8:34 pm   Permalink

So much to do tis day and to think it fell on the same day as my frined's wedding in Malibu. Oh Lord, why do you mock me so!?!?

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 8:37 pm   Permalink

Bcuda, welcome to TC. The event sounds cool, talking with Sven and Naomi about the shindig. I understand that Don Ho is going on first. If any of y'all are gonna go, show up early. I gotta take care of my TC family so....maybe both?

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 8:41 pm   Permalink

Dude I'm just trying to figure it all out. Wedding is at 3 in Malibu. Good friends wedding trumps everything else, but the wedding should be done before to late so I should be able to sneak out early. I'm wondering if Ican make it all the way to Tustin or if I should just try to catch the Don Ho show. Maybe get there earlyfor Don Ho from the wedding, then afterwards jam all the way down to Tustin. This means no time for changing though so I will be partying in a suit. I gotta figure all this out.

[ This Message was edited by: suicide_sam on 2003-07-31 20:45 ]

View Profile of suicide_sam Send a personal message to suicide_sam  Email suicide_sam Goto the website of suicide_sam ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suicide_sam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-31 8:45 pm   Permalink

On the bright side, I look damn good in a suit!

Kailuageoff
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-01 07:22 am   Permalink

Barracudamag,
Are you the editor?
Either way, I just got my 5th anniversary Barracuda in the mail yesterday. Great edition. My Dad bought a new Barracuda convertible and shipped it to Hawaii in '69. When my mom would pick us up at school, the kids would start chanting "cuda, cuda, cuda" like some kind of ancient Polynesian Mopar chant. That is my favorite car of all time, so I had to subscribe to your magazine. Sorry I can't make your party, but it it sounds fantastic.

View Profile of Kailuageoff Send a personal message to Kailuageoff  Email Kailuageoff     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation