FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Locating Tiki » » Tiki Island Bar & Lounge, Corona, CA (restaurant)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Tiki Island Bar & Lounge, Corona, CA (restaurant)
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 2:46 pm   Permalink

Excellent trip report, LostIsland. Thank you for doing the reconnaissance.

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 3:26 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kenbo! As soon as I get the menu pictures, I will post them as well so folks can get a look at the other food and drink offerings.

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tobunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-08 10:04 pm   Permalink

Mahalos for the report LostIsland!

Sadly, it looks and sounds like it's mostly sportsbar with tiki as an afterthought... but Mucho Aloha beer? Now that I gotta try! I love the cultural mashup there... I often sign off with "mucho mahalos!" myself.

Well, if we're in the neighborhood, we'll check it out!

Mucho Mahalos!

http://ericoctober.com

View Profile of tobunga Send a personal message to tobunga  Email tobunga Goto the website of tobunga     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-04 9:21 pm   Permalink

Holy crap, talk about an ordeal.... Ifinally got the pictures of the menu. They aren't great or anything, but they do give you some idea of the food and drink offerings....

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-10-25 09:48 am   Permalink

"Mucho Aloha" is more than beer now. I saw this recently at Wahoo's Fish Tacos.

If the beer was a cold fusion, then I guess this would be a hot one. With a name like Mucho Aloha, you'd think there might be some tropical slant to the product. You'd be wrong. It's just hot sauce. The ingredients were pretty much the same as the Cholula and Tapatío sitting next to it.

View Profile of kenbo-jitsu Send a personal message to kenbo-jitsu      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 4:02 pm   Permalink

I found this picture of what I assume is the front door.

bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 6:31 pm   Permalink

is it closed?

it looks rundown

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-13 10:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-01-13 18:31, bigtikidude wrote:
is it closed?

It is still open. I called for you to make sure.

arriano
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-01-14 2:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-01-13 18:31, bigtikidude wrote:

it looks rundown

I believe the term is "weathered"

View Profile of arriano Send a personal message to arriano      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
A Frame
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 3:55 pm   Permalink

No lights on & no one answers the phone. That just could signal that this Tiki ship has sailed...

View Profile of A Frame Send a personal message to A Frame      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kenbo-jitsu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-02-28 5:47 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the report, A-Frame. When their web site disappeared a while back I started wondering. I'ill change the status to Defunct unless I hear back from anyone with other news.

I know not many tears will be shed here on TC. I started this thread to tell people what Tiki Island wasn't, more than to celebrate what it was. But gosh, it's scary how quickly some places come and go.

Farewell, Tiki Island, farewell.

LostIsland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-27 9:31 pm   Permalink

It IS closed. I drive by there daily. It had potential but was hardly anything to mourn...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation