FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Shameful Tiki Room, Vancouver, B.C., Canada (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Shameful Tiki Room, Vancouver, B.C., Canada (bar)
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-07-12 11:48 am   Permalink

Our "Shameful Tiki Room" house mug is now available in full force. Anyone looking to purchase one can do so through our retail outlet - "The Modern Bartender"
phone in at 604-684-1747 (Tuesday through Saturday 11am to 7pm)

or email with info or questions at
themodernbartender@gmail.com
we can do a credit card over the phone, the mug is $20 plus shipping.

View Profile of shamefultiki Send a personal message to shamefultiki  Email shamefultiki Goto the website of shamefultiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-09-22 12:58 pm   Permalink

The Shameful Tiki Room has unveiled it's very own Rum Club......50 rums from around the world! Mark them off as you go through the varied list inside your very own Rum passport.
Once completed, you will have a wooden plaque placed upon the wall in your honor and a much coveted "Honorary Member" T-shirt!
See you soon.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Shameful-Tiki-Room/579285192083653?group_id=0

View Profile of shamefultiki Send a personal message to shamefultiki  Email shamefultiki Goto the website of shamefultiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-07 5:29 pm   Permalink

Shameful Tiki will be vending at Mod Palm Springs all weekend! Our much coveted and hard to get house mug, some of our most popular t-shirt designs and a great selection of lounge shirts - plus a very limited selection of other stuff. See you there!

Joshua Bell
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-10-09 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-12 11:48, shamefultiki wrote:
Our "Shameful Tiki Room" house mug is now available in full force.

I had a Vancouver-based relative of mine swing by to pick two up. They're great! Delightfully vintage and modern simultaneously; evocative of tacky lava-rock walls but with bold sculpting on the masks. I guess they could be described as self-aware without being conceited. Um, yeah, I'll put the keyboard down now.

Also - hefty bases! Not going to tip over and spill any drinks when the big earthquake shakes the west coast.

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilaueakyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-08 01:44 am   Permalink

Thank Kane it looks like someone did it right. I am so looking forward to multiple visits. Great article in Straight. Thanks Sweet Daddy T. Have you added their mug to your collection? Looks like a worthy mug. Any idea who designed and manufactured it?

View Profile of Kilaueakyd Send a personal message to Kilaueakyd  Email Kilaueakyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-22 8:23 pm   Permalink

Our house mug was an in-house design, Tiki Farm was the manufacturer. Thanks for checking it out!

shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-02-27 01:04 am   Permalink

So we're almost there - the first year anniversary party! Crazy but true. It seems like just yesterday I was driving around trying to find the location, now it's already been open over 11 months! The weekend of March 21/22 will be a lot of fun; live bands, special VERY limited edition Bosko designed anniversary mug, prizes, giveaways and tons more. Get up here and check this place out!
Here's another great article about us, we've been blessed with kind writers! -
http://www.bcliving.ca/food-drink/escape-winter-the-shameful-tiki-room

Dagg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-20 12:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-02-27 01:04, shamefultiki wrote:
So we're almost there - the first year anniversary party! Crazy but true. It seems like just yesterday I was driving around trying to find the location, now it's already been open over 11 months! The weekend of March 21/22 will be a lot of fun; live bands, special VERY limited edition Bosko designed anniversary mug, prizes, giveaways and tons more. Get up here and check this place out!
Here's another great article about us, we've been blessed with kind writers! - http://www.bcliving.ca/food-drink/escape-winter-the-shameful-tiki-room

So looking forward to this! Leaving work early tomorrow and catching the 2:00 ferry

Plan on adding MANY stamps to my rum passport!!

View Profile of Dagg Send a personal message to Dagg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-06 6:56 pm   Permalink

and now....the "Castaway Room" in all it's (somewhat) secretive glory! A tiny room for two to hideaway in from the masses, enjoy a cocktail and plot your next high seas adventure.
You may even hear the sound of the waves calling to you... Only at the Shameful Tiki Room!

shamefultiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-06 7:00 pm   Permalink

and sometimes one is just not enough....
If you've never been here before, The Shameful Tiki Room is located in Vancouver BC, Canada. Get up here!

mikehooker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-21 12:02 am   Permalink

Gonna be in Vancouver Friday through Sunday and plan to make at least one stop here. Looking forward to it.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 19 days ago; 3:04 pm   Permalink

We took an Alaskan cruise out of Vancouver for our honeymoon a couple weeks ago and spent three nights in BC beforehand so made sure to check out how they do tiki in Canada. Must say, I was impressed. The first night we arrived around 6 for happy hour and hoped to sit at the bar but it was full so we got a table for two. Whereas most places have discounted happy hour drinks, Shameful has a small menu of happy hour items for $6 that aren't on the regular menu.

We started with the Shark Bait and Cobra's Fang and neither of us really enjoyed them. Thankfully we decided to order off the regular menu thereafter because everything else we had was really good. I'm now a few weeks removed from the actual drinking so I no longer can remember the details of each drink and why I favored them, but I have lots of photographic evidence of what was consumed. From the regular menu I went with a '34 Zombie while Chelsea got the Tika Puka Puka. I like on the menu how they have barrels to indicate how strong the drinks are.

Hers was very large and strong (not sure why I don't have a pic of the drink, just a menu shot, maybe she does on her phone) and I believe she was planning to order a Voodoo Grog next since I took a pic of it on the menu but decided to stop there since she had to navigate us back to our hotel on the other side of town. I had a Fog Cutter which I remember really enjoying. (Hey, you can see her empty glass in the pic below.)

As for the decor, it's tastefully done. A healthy heaping of bamboo, thatch, tapas print and matting lined the walls and over head. Not over the top, not kitchy. Just right. There are some nice Witco or Witco-esque wall carvings and nicely done statues, velvet wahine paintings, and other vintage finds scattered all over the place including a display case for some collectible mugs. There were peacock chairs, puffer fish, a TV playing old b/w movies, exotica album covers and old advertisements lining the walls. The music was right too. Great ambiance to help forget the outside world. I like!

I went back two night later while Chelsea stayed back at the hotel to rest. This time I got to sit at the bar and chat up the bartender. I believe his name was Chad. I contemplated kicking the night off with a Fog Cutter since I liked it so much the other night but decided to explore the menu further. Navy Grog seemed a good starting point. No ice cone sadly.

Chad was a trooper behind the bar, promptly taking care of thirsty patrons, squeezing 3 fifths worth of limes by hand, working on syrups, getting it all done without seeming bogged down and keeping the atmosphere fun. Jet Pilot was next.

Somewhere around this time a couple friendly gals came in and sat next to me at the bar. They wanted the Mystery Bowl which is introduced with a gong hit and everyone chants Myysterryyyy Booowwwwwl. They let me get a sip and I thought it was quite good. Then they wanted to up the game with a volcano bowl which feeds four. They needed two others to go in on it with them so I obliged. This one was super tasty. Wish I took a couple pics of these.

Probably should have stopped there but who knows when I'll find myself in Vancouver again so I capped the night off with a Day of the Dead and somehow found my way back to the hotel where I probably promptly passed out. I don't recall.

All said and done, I had a great time and like how they're doing there. Oh, they have go-go burlesque dancing on Sundays which sounds awesome but I was happy to be there when it was quiet to experience it that way. Got a custom mug for myself and a couple friends plus some swizzles and matchbooks.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kilaueakyd
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 16 days ago; 11:13 am   Permalink

Sounds like you did er up right. We love this place and I am always telling people I meet from Vancouver to go. Really nice job on the post. Great photos. Love those Bosko's

View Profile of Kilaueakyd Send a personal message to Kilaueakyd  Email Kilaueakyd     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 8 days ago; 5:58 pm   Permalink

I'm going to be in Vancouver July 2nd-4th. I plan to visit the STR at least once but hopefully a few times.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2015 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation